Stretch & Fire Success!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 12, 2009
Not trying to advertise, but there is a free blog entry on HI, that even uses Albert. It is on this exact subject and IMO is really good info.
The title is "do you stretch a rope or a rubber band."

RHC, Thanks! Someone else lead me to that also. Good stuff! Now I need to figure out how I'm going to get my dd to one of you guy's who really gets this stuff at least just to try it out and see if it will work for her.

Jan 24, 2011
RHC, Thanks! Someone else lead me to that also. Good stuff! Now I need to figure out how I'm going to get my dd to one of you guy's who really gets this stuff at least just to try it out and see if it will work for her.

I think this is the hard part. A lot of guys on here (and other sites) can tell you what they see with Pujols , Kemp , Bonds , etc. , but can they "show" how it works in a real life demonstration. I would love to see a few swings with a student (or themselves) to show how to better teach to hitters. That is the goal isn't it?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
So,true I'm good at this.
tumblr_lgj4dbE4Gr1qafrh6.gif

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Not trying to advertise, but there is a free blog entry on HI, that even uses Albert. It is on this exact subject and IMO is really good info.
The title is "do you stretch a rope or a rubber band."

I've wondered over there a few times to read the free stuff, but admit I know very little about the instructor. Most instructors around my neck of the woods have some type of bio on their site ( college playing experience, MLB experience, stand out students, yada yada ). I see he has some pitching threads I might be interested in, do you know of his qualifications? Seems like someone said his son plays college now, do you know the division level?

I hate to pay for ANY site without knowing more of who runs it and a background of expertise.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
I am personally giving SNF a try. I am doing it myself so I can feel what it is and if I want to pass it along to my DD or anyone else. I have tried many suggested drills on this site. I try to give them all a fare chance at success. I think as a group the searchers on this website should give this a try Maybe we will find some truth, maybe we will hit a brick wall! Either way, keeping an open mind then sharing what we find is what THIS website is all about. Good luck to all who make a valid attempt to explore The HI way.
As a side note. After 2 weeks of reading and experimenting with the SNF I see the mechanics displayed in the GiFs in a new light. I can see the barrel turn that has eluded me for months and I understand what makes it happen. I can see where the power is being generated.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tommy,
Helpfully hint, don't wear black sweat pants and stand in front of a black couch. Thank goodness for the white socks. haha. Good to see you giving SNF a try. I have been swinging away and will at some point put it on video to make sure I have it correct. It may have to be a 2 camera shot because of my large size though?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I've wondered over there a few times to read the free stuff, but admit I know very little about the instructor. Most instructors around my neck of the woods have some type of bio on their site ( college playing experience, MLB experience, stand out students, yada yada ). I see he has some pitching threads I might be interested in, do you know of his qualifications? Seems like someone said his son plays college now, do you know the division level?

I hate to pay for ANY site without knowing more of who runs it and a background of expertise.

Of all of the smart things you have posted, this is perhaps the smartest!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I hate to pay for anything also. Thats why I only visit free sites. Don't need to know their background or expertise. I will read, view the content then, decide if I will re-visit. I visit alot of free hitting ,pitching , basketball and yes when I have time fishing sites.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Thanks RD, I didn't want my atlas type physique to be a distraction hence the slimming effect of darkness :)

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Since tommyrobertson was brave enough to do the SNF drill I thought I would give it a shot. As always comments/suggestions welcomed.
tumblr_m88o4jfDeI1r2gru0o3_250.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi