Streaming - Mevo and General

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
First a general question/suggestion for the mods: should there be a separate streaming forum? I’ve found streaming topics in general, product review, and college forums. Maybe one place for streaming topics would be helpful, and it is kind of it’s own topic that doesn’t fit exactly into other forums.

Moving on. Got a Mevo Start for Christmas, but still haven’t unwrapped it, thinking I might return it. I have a nice (and cheap!) 4K Camera that I record on and an older GoPro that I use to stream. I was thinking that the Mevo app would be a giant leap forward from LIVE4.

But now, I’ve been hearing good things about the GameManager streaming platform that auto-embeds live scores over the stream. Only problem is that there’s no way to save the feed.

So if you’ve used one or more of the combination of LIVE4, GameManager, or Mevo I’d love to hear your input before I open the Mevo.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 17, 2020
Huntley, IL
I would second the need for a new streaming forum. As for streaming, I shoot video at ever game and have tried the Mevo as well. The ability to have score and overlays like bases on the broadcast is cool, but it is a lot of work during the game. You can't do that and gamechanger at the same time, is just to much for one person.

I have also heard various things about what gamechanger is planning to do with streaming. My understanding is they are going to be providing a streaming service that allows the gamechanger data to overlay on the stream seamlessly without additional work by the user. With how hard the Mevo overlays are to use, going to wait for the gamechanger solution.

Apr 20, 2015
I've done a mevo with over lays for several years now. I simply update each half inning. Not hard to use at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
The start is a decent camera for streaming. But if you want to record and stream on the same device, I wouldn't suggest this device. However, for recording to a non streaming camera like the 4K device you mentioned, while also streaming with a second device is a great solution to reduce complete video loss. If the streaming camera goes down, you have the recording (and visa versa). And at that point, you aren't as concerned about the biggest limiting factor of the Start, and that is the 1080p fixed FOV sensor.

As far as ease of use of the overlays, I think many Team's limitations are that the one person running the camera is usually the same person scoring. So while not difficult, combined with all of the other things that have to be done, automatic overlays from the scoring app make the most sense to me. We've been watching the Gamechanger process as well as AthletesGolive. Both have merit but require a smart device (phone or tablet) for the stream. Seems to me that the first group to allow streaming devices in their process (IE: Mevo, SLI converters, and NDI devices) will have the biggest boost. This should definitely be the year to make that happen if it is going to.

Jul 14, 2018
I have plenty of old smartphones laying around, so I’m fine strapping one to a fence to stream on Game Manager. It’s the inability to save the stream that has me stuck. AGL lets you save, but I’ve heard the scoring side is terrible. Maybe it’s a race between GM to provide storage and AGL to fix their scoring.

Either way, I got the Mevo specifically to stream to YouTube and I don’t think anything else can do that. Maybe I’ll just be that guy hanging three cameras (with my LinkSpyder, of course) on the backstop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
The team manager stream is great. 1080p, pulls data from the gamechanger feed automatically to overlay the score and at bat info on the screen (no more answering parents all game). I use my players phone to stream the games (with a lens attachment for a wider view) while recording clips on 2 hero 7s.

Nov 17, 2020
Huntley, IL
Not having tried the gamechanger manager stream, the demo I saw only showed the score on the bottom along with team names. Can you configure it to show any other data on the live stream overlay?

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Maybe GameChanger, which is backed by Dick’s Sporting Goods, should buy out Athletes Go Live and incorporate it into their service?

Nov 17, 2020
Huntley, IL
So just for clarification, can you display anything other than the score on Gamechanger manager stream?? Also, has anyone found a way to record that stream at the same time?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K