Strange injury while blocking

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2015
Does this make any sense? My daughter wears the Wilson promotion leg gaurds and when she went down to block a pitch, the ball apparently hit her in such a weird way on the knee it actually hurt. She said (and she tried to show me a tiny little area that could be a vulnerable spot as they are bent ). I think this shouldn't happen because they seem to fit probably. But her knee is sore and I don't think it's serious, just a bruise. This during tryout season as she is trying to find a new team. Last years team broke up due to age and the coach left the area. One tryout down (the one she got injured at), I feel good about her getting an offer. We didn't mention the injury to the coach because it happened at the end and I really don't think it's serious. However she has two more tryouts this weekend and we are interested in both teams. I hope it doesn't hurt too much tomorrow.

Jul 3, 2013
It's still going to hurt, even with the gear. Sometimes it will catch her solid instead of deflecting off. My DD had two balls this year hit her knee this year that left her writhing in pain in the dirt. Foul tip that rebounded half way up the first base line that she walked off in 2 minutes, and a change up in the dirt that hit the corner of the plate and caught the inside of her knee half pad half knee. That one had her on the bench the rest of the game, but she was gtg in the morning.

Jun 21, 2015
In 5 years of catching that never happened before. I guess she's been lucky so far. Oh and today she is much better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse