Stay or move up?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2012
We're struggling with the same decision for our 9 year old DD. She dominated her 02/03 U10 house & select teams as an 03. We toyed with the idea of moving her up to U12 & shooting for an A or B program (depending on the depth at pitching), but, after learning two 02 kids from her U10 house team from last season already have spots on an A team (one of which she badly outclassed, the other one - stronger pitcher, but weaker everywhere else) - now were kinda determined to let her try out & see how much feather ruffling the kid thats too young to even be at tryouts will cause.

We dont really care where the other kids land (not really true, ive coached most of these kids for the last four/five years so, seeing them make A is a huge happy for me), our primary concern is our DD's development and keeping her challenged and engaged.

OP - good luck, feel your angst!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Playing time is critical for development, therefore I would recommend staying at 12U and being the #1 SS vs. moving up to 14U and possibly splitting time. How well does your DD bat? If she is playing on an A-team, how well she is able to bat will be a huge factor in the amount of playing time she sees. Most coaches I know will covet a #1 pitcher who cannot bat, but everybody else had better bring a BIG STICK!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA