Starting with my 10 y.o.!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
[video]https://youtu.be/d24C0aSkYlY[/video]

It has been awhile since we have been here but getting my 10 year old started re-fired the need for help from the gurus. Above is my 10 year old, her name is Emmie. Big sister Lizzy finally talked her in to pitching. It is amazing how much she has learned just watching Lizzy and I learning how to pitch. She still needs a lot of work, with millions of reps but I think she has a good foundation. If there is anything just blaring out that needs fixed now, please let me know. We appreciate it and look forward to the next few years with her learning process.

If anyone is wondering how Lizzy is doing, she has surpassed my ability to teach her. She is working with a former major D-1 pitcher that happens to know how to teach the correct mechanics for spin pitches. There comes a point where good ole bucket dad had to turn over the reins to someone that could further her career and it was a good move for her. Without sounding like a dad here, she has really turned into a very effective pitcher. We attribute that to her beginnings on this website and all the people that have guided her along the way. Im hoping Emmie takes the same path. We will see.

Thanks for all the help, it is much appreciated.

If anyone knows how to get the video to show up on the page without having to click the link, please let me know! Thanks.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
She has the footwork of a lefty, never seen that before.

Good catch guys! Thank you. I was so focused on the arm that I didn't even notice the feet lol. This was literally the first time she has ever started with a premotion. We've just been doing IR drills. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi