Starting my first daddyball team!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
Thanks! I have seen exactly what you're talking about and my daughter's mom was irritated with me for much of the season for not giving our DD more innings. We had a 13-player roster and I promised the players (and their parents!) equal playing time with the exception of pitchers and catchers and stuck to that all season.

And now, we are up to 12 of the 13 who have confirmed for next spring. :)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Now make sure you do what is best for the team,I have seen those ads looking for a #2 pitcher,I see those and I say must be daddyball,what if that #2 pitcher is better than daddys girl.But it sounds like you are head in the right direction.Just take it one game at a time,and keep it fun.Good luck!

Feb 3, 2011
Thanks, Nanotech. What I love about DD is that, not only does she know she isn't going to get special treatment for being coach's DD, she doesn't want it anyway. Now if only I could get her mom to buy into what I'm teaching here. :)

Feb 3, 2011
Yep, sounds like a good Daddyball team to me...
For any number of reasons, our league has not provided the opportunity to play fall ball to enough girls. My plan changes that, even though it means taking on weaker players for the fall teams. I don't mind bringing in girls who want to develop their games.

I'm starting a select team in the spring that is intended to be a better all-star team. I already know DD will make it, but her current catcher will have aged out of the division, so she and 3 other girls would be the only current all-stars who have a chance at making the roster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand