Sportsmanship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2014
Ca
I will go out of my way to congratulate an opposing player for a good play. In the last 3 years my daighter hasn't played against a team where we didn't know someone. Besides that we tell our girls to win and lose like champions, we should coach like ones.

Oct 30, 2014
Seattle
In college during a small break in game action (I think there was a minor injury a baserunner was stretching out) against a rival conference team the opposing team's catcher was up to bat. She took a moment to turn around and say that she thought that I was a good player and complimented both my hitting and catching. She sounded really sincere. I thought it was a nice geature, though the jealous side of me thought she only took the time to say it because she was confident her team was going to win and might not have been so nice in a game they were losing. I can never know for sure though it was slightly awkward when I wasn't exaxtly sure she was the catcher and she made it sound like she'd been noticing me for years.. Whoops, I'm slightly oblivious.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
Last night my 10u team hit 2 shots that the other team just made real good plays on. I told them from the 3rd base box, "Great hit, they just made a great play." The 2nd play was made by the 3rd base. After I spoke, she had a real big grin and said thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207