Sorry ... the WORST game I have ever seen. EVER.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
I am not saying this to toot my own horn, but for comedic effect in this awful story:

I have been umpiring for about 15 years. I have called everything from college to 8u. I have called games in seven states. I have worked multiple "state" tournaments and a few "nationals." I have umpired former Olympians and pro MLB players.

I had four kids play who knows how many games, including a daughter who played in college.

Prior to that, I ran a rec league for a little under 10 years. One of my proudest accomplishments was the addition of a co-ed t-ball program.

With all of that, I have NEVER seen anything as bad as the game I called a few days ago.

25-0 in four innings. Not the worst score that I have ever seen, but . . .

This team was so bad on offense that they only made contact with the ball four times (2 foul, 2 fair which were put outs by the catcher and the pitcher).

This team was so bad on defense that they only made ONE PUT OUT, and that one was dumb luck when a girl "caught" (found) a pop fly. ALL the remaining outs were the offense stepping off the bag.

EVER!

Jan 8, 2019
Reminds me of an office football pool I was in years ago. Weekly pick winner of the 15 games each week. Simple so all could participate, and before fantasy FB was big. Guy from S Africa who only ever watched soccer picked 14/15 losers three weeks in a row!!! Almost takes more effort to be that bad.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
I am not saying this to toot my own horn, but for comedic effect in this awful story:

I have been umpiring for about 15 years. I have called everything from college to 8u. I have called games in seven states. I have worked multiple "state" tournaments and a few "nationals." I have umpired former Olympians and pro MLB players.

I had four kids play who knows how many games, including a daughter who played in college.

Prior to that, I ran a rec league for a little under 10 years. One of my proudest accomplishments was the addition of a co-ed t-ball program.

With all of that, I have NEVER seen anything as bad as the game I called a few days ago.

25-0 in four innings. Not the worst score that I have ever seen, but . . .

This team was so bad on offense that they only made contact with the ball four times (2 foul, 2 fair which were put outs by the catcher and the pitcher).

This team was so bad on defense that they only made ONE PUT OUT, and that one was dumb luck when a girl "caught" (found) a pop fly. ALL the remaining outs were the offense stepping off the bag.

EVER!

YOU did our game last week?!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter just took over a rec ball 10U team. They are awful to the point of embarrassment. One of their pitchers struck out eight girls in one inning, and not one of those resulted in an out. All were dropped third strikes that the runner was called safe.

May 29, 2015
My daughter just took over a rec ball 10U team. They are awful to the point of embarrassment. One of their pitchers struck out eight girls in one inning, and not one of those resulted in an out. All were dropped third strikes that the runner was called safe.

10u rec, I understand that . . . VARSITY!! 😭

(My oldest daughter's 12u rec team once won a game 18-16 on only one hit.)

Oct 14, 2019
An 8 strikeout pitcher! I think you can work with that.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The game was probably horrible to watch and officiate.
BUT: If the coach on the losing team was good (although obviously lacking in softball knowledge), she could still make it a positive experience.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
The game was probably horrible to watch and officiate.
BUT: If the coach on the losing team was good (although obviously lacking in softball knowledge), she could still make it a positive experience.
As the mental guys say..."there is no losing. It's learning." Winning and Learning.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA