Sometimes, it’s the small things!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2011
So our Winterball team had a championship season, 1st place in our metro area. This was just a throw together team, only one all star from all star season, just a bunch of girls from rec ball that had at one time or another played on one of my teams, more liked I picked the parents rather than the kids.….. The season was littered with unbelievably exciting moments, pivotal pitch sequences, timely hits, sacrifices, clutch defense, etc. etc. It seemed that things almost always worked out in our favor. But my favorite part of the season was when one of my girls executed a perfect slide into 3rd base just underneath the 3rd baseman’s tag. Seems kind of trivial, huh?

Well this girl at the beginning of the season was terrified to slide. We would do sliding drills, she would look horrible, but she kept on working at it and getting better, a little at a time, but never actualy executed a decent slide at practice. Then one game, she was on first and the batter hit the ball to right center field, my girl comes chugging around second, picks me up, I give her the go sign and she is head down and hard towards 3rd base, the ball is fielded by the CF and she throws a strike to the 3rd baseman, I yell DOOOOWWWNNN and my girls executes a perfect slide just underneath the tag. The fans go nuts, the team goes nuts and I am jumping like we just won the world series. My girl stands up just after the safe call and the look in her eyes, the smile on her face, PRICELESS!

There was no play that I got more enjoyment out of from our championship season. Sometimes, it’s the small things!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach