Someone explain to me the obsession with "knee drive" for hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
It's a function of people looking at video and thinking something that happens as a result is something you actively DO. Knee drive. Push off with your big toe. Core pulse.

Aug 20, 2017
I look at knee drive as a good checkpoint for good sequence. If the back knee is driving first before the hands and shoulders begin to move the hitter is using good sequence. It indicates that the lower body is firing against still resisted upper body. Watch all the DDs swings that have been posted. Most young hitters overload (getting the back knee over the back foot) which causes the back leg to straighten and the hitter stands up. This also causes the shoulders and rear knee to rotate at the same time (bad sequence). I want the rear knee to start inside the rear foot in the stance and not move back during the load. This needs to be taught. This will help ensure that the rear knee will drive forward before the shoulders begin rotation or tilting. My .02 anyway

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
which action do you think makes more sense teaching a hitter at that stage of the swing? "Drive the knee" or rotate the hips in order to coil and uncoil?
Neither.
I have a firm understanding of your posts
There's your answer and has been mine for a long while.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
PQc8DWy.gif

WJJbQns.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi