Softball Tattoos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Well, I finally broke down and did it. I'd been wanting a tattoo for eons and today (well, technically yesterday now--February 4th) was my birthday. As a present, my dad paid for me to get a tattoo. Of course, it's softball themed. ;-)

Anyone else have any softball ink?tattooooo.jpg

ETA: Not the best picture, because it was taken right after it was done.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I loveee it. My dad says he thinks it is something that I will never regret, because he can see me sitting in the stands when I'm 80 watching some ball games. It's in a place where it can be shown if it wants to be, or covered up if I so chose. My mother was dead set against it, but she warmed up to the idea. Her big deal is "one day you're gonna wanna get married and wear a strapless wedding dress and you'll have that thing on your shoulder." *rolls eyes*

Mar 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Ran into an umpire that had an unusual softball tattoo last summer. Ringed around his bicep, like one of those Celtic knots or whatever they call those, he had stitches like on a softball.

May 21, 2010
Davenport, IA
Nice looking tat! Have to say though, every time someone sees it and asks you about it, you will be reminded of why you got it and how you felt after you got it - no matter what your age or what the occasion is. I personally have one that is tied into my car club which is now been around for 18 years. When ever someone asks about it I smile and remember all the great times we had as a club.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Ran into an umpire that had an unusual softball tattoo last summer. Ringed around his bicep, like one of those Celtic knots or whatever they call those, he had stitches like on a softball.
Woah, that sounds crazy. I'd have loved to see that in person.

Nice looking tat! Have to say though, every time someone sees it and asks you about it, you will be reminded of why you got it and how you felt after you got it - no matter what your age or what the occasion is. I personally have one that is tied into my car club which is now been around for 18 years. When ever someone asks about it I smile and remember all the great times we had as a club.
Definitely, I can't wait to have people see it and ask me about it. The only people that have seen it so far are ones that knew I was getting it done or people that I've mentioned it to. The guy that owns the batting cage where I work and go to hit as well as hang out (he can't get rid of me) thinks it's pretty cool.

I've seen tattoos on 80-year-olds.
I told one of my friends today that I'll be 80 one day, at the ball park with a tank top on so all the kids can see my tat. lol.

Sep 3, 2009
Like Immortal1 said.. 20 years from now when asked about it, you'll be reminded of why you have it, and why you got it. It clearly describes your passion, and a great time in your life. Don't think either of those would ever turn into regret. I think it looks really cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877