Softball Stores

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2011
In my hometown, and in every place I have visited recently, there's been a Dick's sporting goods. Every Dick's seems to carry the same Mizuno Franchise catcher's mitt. I wouldn't mind looking at new mitts, but I'm not at the point of really *needing* one, which would mean either buying the Mizuno from Dick's or ordering something off the internet and taking my chances.

Visting Virginia Beach with time to kill, I started looking unsuccessfully for something other than Dick's or Sports Authority, etc., and wondering if there are any brick & mortar sporting goods stores anymore that really cater to softball. Is there any middle ground between the internet where you can get anything, if you don't mind it being virtual until it shows up, and the giant sporting good chains with their nationally limited selection? Perhaps there are online stores that have actual stores also.

If there's an Aladdin's cave of softball stuff somewhere it would be nice to know, just in case I find myself in that city sometime.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, there is. In Tucson, we have 2 stores named Baums. All they sell is softball and baseball equipment. Then, in Glendale (Phoenix) there is one called Cleats.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Play it Again Sports is an interesting store if you have not been to one before. It is certainly not geared towards softball, nor do they usually have top of the line softball equipment but they certainly have a lot of softball stuff. I would say mid to low level.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Extra Innings is a place that has batting cages and tunnels for rent, lessons.... And they have a pretty nice pro shop that caters to baseball and softball.

Its a franchise and they have locations all over

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Longstreth Sporting Goods is a great brick and mortar store that specializes in women's sports. The store is located in Parkersford, PA (between Pottstown and King of Prussia) and they have a great selection of high-end fastpitch equipment. They also have a great on-line service.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
We have a specialty brick and mortar store All Out Baseball with two loactions in the CA Bay Area, despite the baseball name they have a pretty large selection of both baseball and softball equipment, a lot of it on the higher end side of bats and gloves. I've also found their staff most helpful and knowledgeble anytime I've had occasion to go there.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
I also use Longstreth....they specialize in female athletes and in addition to softball, carry field hockey and womens lacrosse equipment. Longstreth customer service is top notch.

May 17, 2011
There are 2 stores Charlie Rose Baseball and Fontanettis in the Silicon Valley.
They both sell softball and baseball gear. Fontanettis has been around since I was in little league.

Don

Mar 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
We go to Batter's Choice in Petersburg, VA (just south of Richmond). They also sell stuff over their website, so I can usually look up on the website if they have something before I drive to the store.

Aug 19, 2011
Thanks, All. Longstreth looks great but is a bit out of the way for now, but I'm going to be in Richmond next week and will visit Batter's Choice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00