Softball revenge stories

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I started coaching rec ball the same year as another parent/coach. Turns out that he was a former minor leaguer who actually made it to the big show for a couple of games before being sent back down for good. Through the years we had coached against each other, he had proven himself to be a complete A--hole in attitude, stretching and/or breaking the rules, running up the scores and trying to win at all costs. In other words, in 3 years my team hadn't beaten his; not even once. When we moved to 12u, we faced each other in the best of 3 game league championship series. Now, my DD was a big bomber even back then at the age of 10 and he intentionally walked DD every at bat all season long although I never IW one of his. He called it being a good coach. After 2 games, the series was tied 1 all and he had walked DD every at bat again. It's last inning of the rubber match. We're the home team and up by 2. It's his team's turn at bat, they had runners at 2nd (his DD) and 3rd, 1 out and the 4 hole hitter coming up to bat. I sent the signal in to the catcher; intentional walk. He was apoplectic. After getting himself calmed down enough to actually talk, he tells his #5 to hit away. She hits a line drive to my SS who catches it and then proceeds to tag his DD out for a DP for the win. He wouldn't even shake hands with me after the game. I loved it!

Dec 19, 2012
Great story Yocoach! However I had to look up a word. I had a good idea what it meant but I wanted to make sure.

Todays word is apoplectic. It means hemmoraged, strokey (I made strokey up), blowing up from the inside, ready to burst, etc.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I don't know if revenge is the right word. But our HS's biggest rival is the other school in our School District. They are about 33% bigger then us and typically have been better then our school in the Girls Team Sports. This year after Volleyball and Basketball my dd's teams are 6-0 against them. We will probably only play them once this year in Softball, which will more then likely be the district final, they have beat us the last 3 years. 3-2 on a oddball play last year. Its my dd's goal to sweep them her senior year in all sports and there is only that softball game to go. Once that happens, all the rest of the losses over the years will mean nothing. Its going to be a challenge, but we are on a roll.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
We have a few. DD is small for her age (esp as a pitcher) and most coaches tend to discount her because of her height.

One in particular. First year 10U rec for my DD and her first year of pitching. This "coach" has a DD who is a second year 10U player and pitcher too. We take a close second to his team in the league standings. Time for all stars. Our league takes the top 9 as voted on by the coaches in that age division. DD makes it with 4 of 5 votes, you guessed it he was the only one who voted against her. Jump forward to the first team meeting. He calls for all the players to gather at home plate for the pre team talk. He turns and specifically calls out my DD to tell her she is too small and too young to do anything so just go sit by the fence and listen. Her role is to watch and learn this all star season. Nice huh? Still impacts DD to this day, however she has learned to use it as motivation in the last couple of years.

Fast forward. DD catches up to his DD in first year 12U and passes her the next year. DD is still trucking along getting better and catching attention despite her size while his DD has all but quit pitching since she maxed out in 10U. We live in the same neighborhood and play a lot of the same tournaments. Let just say we see each other frequently in travel ball now.

Moral of the story. Be careful who you poop on along the way. Sometimes you have to see those same people on the way back down the ladder.

Last edited:
We have a few. DD is small for her age (esp as a pitcher) and most coaches tend to discount her because of her height.

One in particular. First year 10U rec for my DD and her first year of pitching. This "coach" has a DD who is a second year 10U player and pitcher too. We take a close second to his team in the league standings. Time for all stars. Our league takes the top 9 as voted on by the coaches in that age division. DD makes it with 4 of 5 votes, you guessed it he was the only one who voted against her. Jump forward to the first team meeting. He calls for all the players to gather at home plate for the pre team talk. He turns and specifically calls out my DD to tell her she is too small and too young to do anything so just go sit by the fence and listen. Her role is to watch and learn this all star season. Nice huh? Still impacts DD to this day, however she has learned to use it as motivation in the last couple of years.

Fast forward. DD catches up to his DD in first year 12U and passes her the next year. DD is still trucking along getting better and catching attention despite her size while his DD has all but quit pitching since she maxed out in 10U. We live in the same neighborhood and play a lot of the same tournaments. Let just say we see each other frequently.

Moral of the story. Be careful who you poop on along the way. Sometimes you have to see those same people on the way back down the ladder.
You're a better man than me. I would have come unglued.

Apr 11, 2012
My DD and I left a big club gold team at the beginning of January....we had one of the best teams in the Midwest last year, but that wasn't good enough so the roster went from 11 and looking for a player to 16 right before the Missouri HS Fall softball season was getting ready to start in august....yep, 5 new players and you know he didn't tell those kids parents he signed them all up to sit....slowly, the proven returning players, except for 2, were told they had to earn their positions during their last summer before college....which didn't go over to well. The HC DD goes to a rival HS along with three other players, my DD and also 3 others go to school together. The other school won the conference title the last two years...my DD team proceeded to win the last two state championships (beating them 3-1 in a district final last year)....needless to say that side of team's camp was pretty salty and jealous after the season in a tournament in Houston, TX....my DD and her HS teammates were almost punished for winning it all...again!

then my DD changed her mind were she was going to go college....and he blew up at her and told her he wasn't sure if she was on the team or not and would have to sleep on it...after 4 days he still wasn't sure so we decided for him....two other of my DD HS teammates (and all three are all state players) left as well....now all three are together again on another local team and won an indoor tournament a few weeks ago....her old team finished 7th I think....