Softball revenge stories

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
You're a better man than me. I would have come unglued.

Don't know if I could do it again. I was actually wasn't believing what I was hearing. I was an AC (all the league coaches are). He beat me out in a board vote to be the AS coach that season. Looking back they usually took the coach who was the league champ. I got it next year.

Just enjoyed DD quickly catching and passing his DD. The gap continues to widen.

Apr 11, 2012
Why did he care what college she chose?

good question.....he said because "it makes me look bad...and I'm friends with the coaches at that school".....which is not the case, they don't go and hang out ever....I think it's because its a chance to act like an a-hole to my DD....he's not coaching next year so I don't get it either....

Apr 11, 2012
Never quite understood TB teams getting wrapped around the axle about HS/Rec Ball drama.

the players and parents from the other school were very bitter about it all....no congrats (phone, text or e-mails) from any of them....none. I was always giving them kudos and encouragement during the season and with my conversations with the HC....

he did bet me $500 before the HS season that his DD's HS team would go farther than my DD's HS team...despite that they were the defending big class state champs....I accepted and won the bet, but yet to accept.....I'm still waiting for him to call and ask for all the gear back, so I can remind him of that bet, which he hasn't ever mentioned since the end of October....

Sep 11, 2014
Pa
Had a coach that refused to have my DD pitch when she started learning. She was an average 10u pitcher for our local league. He would say that he would have her pitch in the 5th and 6th inning. Our 10u rec really never gets to those last 2 innings, so she never got a chance to pitch.

We worked on pitching during the week and weekend, she got better, but still never pitched. His dd was the starting pitcher. Our number 2 pitcher, who became the number 1 on my travel team, was WAY better.

This season my DD will be starting pitcher on our rec ball team, pitching against mentioned coach and his dd.

Gonna be a fun season.

Sep 11, 2014
Pa
Great story Yocoach! However I had to look up a word. I had a good idea what it meant but I wanted to make sure.

Todays word is apoplectic. It means hemmoraged, strokey (I made strokey up), blowing up from the inside, ready to burst, etc.

Thanks for the definition, I was so getting ready to look that up.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Late last year, DDs '02 12U team was playing an ASA quarterfinal against a great group of '01 girls with jerk coaches. The tourney rules stated in boldface that defensive coaches must stay in the dugouts. They kept coming out despite blue's warnings. They said their catcher couldn't see their pitch calls. After the ump again told them the tourney rule, they argued he was biased for DDs team. Things got a bit hot, the UIC and TD visited the blues. It was early in the game and the score was tight, maybe 2-2 or 3-3. They have a runner on 3rd (a big girl), ball gets by our catcher (also a big girl), and our catcher beats the runner 3 feet in front of the plate with a laid-out diving tag. The runner gets the wind knocked out of her and the coach comes unglued and screams at the PU that blue has to protect his players.

DDs team gets up to bat, lights up their pitcher, plates 8 runs, and run-ruled them. I was loving it.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
This was DD #3's first tournament.

She was in the 10u section of a B/C tournament, so they had all sorts of special rules for 10u, such as no base stealing, only 1 base on an overthrow, no walks (coach pitches after 4 balls), and a 6-run per inning mercy rule.

No complaints about the players on the other team, nor complaints about the coaches. The other team's parents, OTOH, were getting a bit nasty towards DD #3. Both their team and DD's team were all-star teams from leagues that used coach pitching after 4 balls, but THEIR league had a rule that the pitcher must be in the circle while the coach was pitching, Nothing about that in the tournament rules.

The other team's parents were constantly accusing DD #3 of cheating, which was really getting blue rather upset, since DD #3 wasn't cheating. At one point DD #3 was pitching, and after 4 balls she stepped outside the circle to field, OK by tourney rules, but the parents were SCREAMING at blue. So, DD just got back into the circle.

The teams played 3 games against each other.

First game, DD #3 was starting P. She gave up 3 runs, and her team lost 3-2. DD's team went to the loser's bracket, the other team to the winner's bracket.

For the championship games, no time limit, play 6 innings.

Second time they meet, first championship round of top team from winner's bracket against top team from loser's bracket. W bracket team needs to win once, L bracket team needs to win twice. The other team's starting pitcher almost faints from the heat. DD's team gets a lead. Top of the 6th inning, DD is at bat. Her team is up by 5 runs. If they score 2 runs they win by mercy rule. Bases loaded. DD has bunted every at bat against this team, so they move in to defend the bunt. 2-run double, game over.

Third game, DD's team is ahead 8-7 after 5 innings. DD comes in as a relief pitcher, top of the 6th. The entire game, in fact all three games, the parents of the other team were LOUDLY claiming DD was stepping outside the batter's box. Blue watching, saw nothing nay of those times, just told the parents they would take care of it. DD not happy with the other team's parents.

After 2 batters, 1 out with a runner on first. Third batter. Easy grounder to P, DD throws the ball way over the 1B's head. Runner from first goes home... BUT, only 1 base on an overthrow! Blue said the runner hadn't reached second before the bad throw, so runner was sent back to third. Parents were LIVID! Finally, the other team's coach at 3B tells the parents to be quiet, it was a judgment call, they don't have to like the call, but no appeal. One of the parents yells out to the runner at third: "just score again!".

DD #3 struck out the next two batters for the save and the championship.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06