Softball pants

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2009
Thanks everyone... very helpful.

FPMark, are the Ringor V-neck shirts a "wicking" type shirt worn under the Intensity jerseys?

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Thanks everyone... very helpful.

FPMark, are the Ringor V-neck shirts a "wicking" type shirt worn under the Intensity jerseys?

They are a wicking type shirt, but not worn under anything. Just had numbers put on the back and small team logo on front. They make great 'hot weather' uniform shirts that are very comfortable and cool. The Intensity jerseys are our sunday 'dress' uniforms.

14U ASA Nationals were 3 miles from my house in '09. My DD was 12U, but we spent a lot of time watching. I noticed many teams wearing them, not sure if they were Ringors or Under Armour or something else, but we got us some last year and the girls loved them. They look good too. Seems to be the new style as now most teams are wearing them around here. They're pretty inexpensive also.

Jun 25, 2009
We told everyone they were responsible for their own pants this year. Two pair, white and gray. Only problem was they needed belt loops. Most girls pants are getting away from belt loops. We found some at Academy, but no loops. I ended up getting together an order for the white teamwork and they fit girls and have loops. Found them on closeout in white from homegrown sports for $20. Still looking for gray. I tried some Boombah, but they just had too much room in the "trunk" for my 10U girls. Considering just going with the gray (silver) from teamwork as well, but they are gonna be around $30. Not fun trying to fit girls with anything!!!

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My daughter's team wears knicker length with belt loops. My DD seems to spend more time on the ground than on her feet, so wears holes in the knees very quickly. Teamwork Athletic pants hold up very well. She had a pair for 3 years and was able to hand them down with no holes. Easton seems to fit her the best; however, she gets holes within a tournament or two. We just bought her first pair of Mizuno and had to have them altered to fit. She's 14 and has a definite waist and hips, so the waist of most pants are too large.

Mar 13, 2010
I grew up in pants (shorts only started becoming popular in Australia in the late 90s/early 00s) and I always prefered the knickers with an elastic waist. Belts were too bulky and were horrible in the summer.

Dec 22, 2010
Intensity pants seem to be what they like around here.

I'm in the team uniform business and a travel organization ordered these (belt loop type) for all their teams (10u/12u/14u). Intensity makes a great pant and the price is very reasonable. I asked another coach what he paid for comparable Mizuno pants and was shocked!

Jun 13, 2010
Trust me and everyone else who said go with the low rise style. I had a bunch of girls that I coached for 5 years and they got so they would tell me just about anything. And when it comes to clothes Listen to the girls, How comfortable they are and how secure they are about the way they look IS a big deal.
I once ordered the wrong thing and heard about it all season. What you like or think they should wear dont matter. Listen to them They gotta wear them not you.
Girls like low rise just ask them

Nov 1, 2009
We wore Teamwork a few years ago and the pants were good for the price. We always have had a couple of colors so the pants would get about 30-40 games and made it through a season. Last year we wore Mizuno pants and they looked good but make sure you don't get the pants with the belts, they ride to high and all the girls just folded them over anyway. Belt loops also add about $5 to the cost and if you aren't using them then don't spend the money. This year we ordered from Uniforms Express and the pants are great and cost about $40 but the fit is perfect for all the girls. The down side is it takes 6 weeks to get them. Nike, Under Armour, and Easton have a lot of options but I wouldn't buy them unless you can find them somewhere to get a fit.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, to the low rise and yes, to black. They don't like boy pants, big thick elastic waists, belts or anything else that LL boys wear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1