Softball IQ/Situational worksheets

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 15, 2016
Does anyone have any suggestions of sites that printable softball situational worksheets or quizzes? I have found a couple through google but they are very beginner level. Looking for some in that would work for a 10u - 12u range.

Jul 14, 2018
Here is a coaching guide that Babe Ruth league sends out to their members. Some of it is more applicable to baseball than softball, but it's a good starting point. I was using this when trying to teach myself the Python programming language, thought it would be a good idea to make a mobile app that allowed the user to "play" a position and try to get the quickest reaction time to where they should be in a particular spot. Bit off a little more than I could chew and never got very far...

Attachments

• situations.pdf
    175.4 KB · Views: 122
Sep 29, 2014
What does basic mean? If it is things like with less than two outs don't run on a pop fly or with two outs usually run on contact or bases loaded and the count is 3-0 don't swing or if you are in the outfield and have the ball never hold it for more than one second then throw it into the infield ahead of the runner and when in doubt just throw to the cutoff....yeah those kind of basic things I would definitely use it...then after worksheets put it into practice with situational practice scenarios. We all can not count how many times we have seen these things cost teams championship...I personally witnessed a team lose a shot a a HS state championship because of this kinda stuff.

Sep 15, 2016
We have discussed using videos over the winter months when the weather will not allow us to get on a field. We were thinking of giving the girls the worksheets with various situations after practices and have them return them at the next practice. Nothing big, just ten questions or so.

Jan 22, 2011
I bought this as a league license for the rec league I was president of a few years ago:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid