Softball April Fools

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Today we practiced next to a friend's team and planned to get our girls with a 4/1 prank. I set up a mock volleyball grid with cones in the infield during warm ups, then he brought his team over to "scrimmage" my girls. Before anyone could ask about the grid, we quickly instructed the teams onto their sides and I produced a volleyball. They played with mixed responses for a few points then I stopped both teams and called them in for a quick pep talk. I told them they looked like they'd just woken up, weren't putting in 100% and expected more from them on this first day of a new month. The eyes then opened and the laughing ensued. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2010
Practice was last night so I got an early jump on April fools. I borrowed liberally from Yogi Berra and Casey Stengel. Started off practice by telling them "Pair off in threes". Next for bunting practice told them "Line up alphabetically by height". Finally closed with "All right line up in a circle". By then they had figured it out.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Our coach got one of our baseball players really good. His girlfriend plays on the softball team. She walks up to the boy (Brian) and tells him that if he needs to talk to her, she's here for him. Brian is standing there and says, "What? Huh?" Our coach goes on to tell him that she knows a lot of changes are happening, that he needs to step up to the plate and be a man. He asks her what she is talking about again and she finally tells him, "Brian, I know already. Your girlfriend told me that she was pregnant."

He started freaking out, then they told him April Fools. I really, really wish I was there to have seen that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny 321commission