Crazy Softball Mom

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2012
The responses about coachs seeing thru it are dead on. The other parents see it too. I have one of "those parents" and I have noticed that all the other parents keep their distance. Bad part is the players also have put distance between them and the their DD. I hate that but I stand back and let things run their course.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I always suspect that the type of parent that you are describing is on something, either legal or illegal. Make certain that your DD never rides in the car with her.

That's funny, after reading the OP I was thinking the mom needed to be on something. About 4mg of Xanax should do the trick. :)

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
Wow, what a nut job! She probably doesn't want her daughter to have to compete against yours by trying out for the same team. I would stay far away from her because you don't want her bat shirt crazy rep rubbing off on you. If your DD wants to play college ball you can't be associated with a parent like her. When you see her, turn the other way and don't put yourself into a position of confronting her. Since she is crazy YOU WON'T WIN.

Sep 5, 2012
Bring your video camera and take videos of her actions at a game. Then send it to the coaches, she might be bad mouthing you too. Send one to her to, show her how much of an idiot she is.

I kept telling my husband to video tape her but he never did.

Sep 5, 2012
Thanks for all the replies. I actually wondered if she was on something or, at least, should be on something. Well, I feel better knowing that if she is running me and my daughter down that a coach will most likely see through it. The mom's daughter has lost quite a few friends because of her mom. Following games, the daughter would apologize for her mom's behavior the next school day. Feel bad for her.

What age group are we talking about here? Just curious.

I think the teams in the area I am in are really good about checking out the nut job parents. I just took DD to a private workout not to long ago and the coach's wife came along and sat and chatted with me about all kinds of stuff. I assume to test out my sanity (or lack thereof).

Sep 18, 2011
The mom is an obvious nutcase, but how does the coach tolerate her behavior? That would never happen in our org. it just would not be tolerated. The parent would be warned exactly one time and then that would be it. Kind of like the mafia - if you get out of line, you get whacked. The coach has to be a strong leader. Can you imagine Tony Soprano tolerating that behavior? :)

Apr 11, 2012
The mom is an obvious nutcase, but how does the coach tolerate her behavior? That would never happen in our org. it just would not be tolerated. The parent would be warned exactly one time and then that would be it. Kind of like the mafia - if you get out of line, you get whacked. The coach has to be a strong leader. Can you imagine Tony Soprano tolerating that behavior? :)

my thoughts exactly....and don't engage her her in any way shape or form....but I will say "the squeeky wheel gets greased first" and the power of complaints to the league or tournament officals for this type of behavor is rarely tolerated and will usualy be addressed pretty quickly...if it's a competitive club they are in, someone should contact the orgizations leader and complain.

Apr 11, 2012
naaa...I thought about some more....bully's need to be beaten....go kick her arss....

jk

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Bring your video camera and take videos of her actions at a game. Then send it to the coaches, she might be bad mouthing you too. Send one to her to, show her how much of an idiot she is.

Nano, nano...you're slipping. Everyone knows that her conduct should be video taped her and then posted to YouTube. The entertainment value would be priceless.

Get with the program, Nano.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01