Snacks,meals,drinks for tournaments, What are some ideas?!?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2020
As the title stated, What types of HEALTHY snacks,meals and drinks is everyone using for their DD??
My daughter pitches so I need her to keep up her energy and stamina as much as possible, What can y'all recommend?!?
Quick bites or sit down meals ... I would like to hear what everyone is feeding their ballplayer.

Jun 11, 2012
We used to bring peanut butter & jelly, deli meat & cheese and bread and let her pick what she wanted. Also lots of cut up fruit and usually pretzels and granola bars

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
fruit! watermellon squares, grapes, PBJ, deli meat, pepperoni slices (not jerky but the slices that go on pizza), nuts, luna bars and cliff bars

Nov 15, 2019
Energy balls are one of the favorites. Just Google a recipe, usually some combination of oats, peanut butter, flaxseed, honey, etc.
Other things I sometimes bring are hardboiled eggs, string cheese, gogurts, strawberries, applesauce pouches, peanut butter and graham crackers. I will also pick up a pack of wraps, a bag of Caesar salad, and a package of grilled chicken strips or chunks that are in with the lunch meat = easy chicken caesar wrap.

Feb 5, 2019
If it's cold outside I bring something I can heat up like a Mountain House meal. Hot chocolate. She'll eat enough to not be hungry.

If it's hot outside I bring cool refreshing fruit like watermelon, cantaloupe and a variety of berries. Hydration is more important. I don't let her eat heavy foods until after the last game.

Remember, what goes in must come out. You really want to visit the porta potties?

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
DD just got an appliance put in her mouth that she cannot eat with. So if she wants to eat she has to be able to take it out and then brush her teeth. I fear she's going to be eating a whole lot less at tournaments. But she will usually have some kind of deli meat/cheese and fruit. We also have people bring dried fruit snacks and pedialyte drinks. We try to avoid the concession stand as much as possible.

Jul 14, 2018
Water-heavy snacks like pickles and grapes are a must. Peanut butter & apple slices, cheese cubes, and energy bars for protein. All things in “grazing” portions so she can eat enough to fuel up but not feel full.

Our biggest problem is the early morning start. When you have to be at the field by 7:00 for an 8:00 am game, it usually means getting up at 5:30. Nobody wants to eat at that time of the morning. I’m lucky if I can get DD to finish a cup of apple sauce before she goes to warm up. Anyone have an early morning meal that they recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2015
i eat belvita breakfast bars early on game days. several different flavors and long lasting energy. BUT i'm also up every morning at 4:30 so my 'early' was always different than my DD.

Sep 29, 2020
Thanks guys for input, Some really good ideas up there. I also heard to maybe get those PB&J uncrustables for quick bites on the go when they have back to back games.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles