Smoking deal on a 1B glove!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
For anyone in the market for buying their DD a 1B mitt, here it is! Full Horween, shell, liner, and finger stalls, Rawlings DCT pattern. These Easton Small Batch models were designed by Eric Walbridge, the Glove Cowboy. 20% off and only 2 left!

Apr 16, 2013
Ok, so here I am jumping into your world and asking... what's the deal with Horween and why is this so special? My DD is a 1B'man, second to catcher. However, she has a Vinci, whatever the one is under the optimus, with kipp leather. She loves it, better than any of her previous baseball 1B gloves. So why would this be a better investment? I doubt I'd get it considering I have a new Ghost on order, but my wife regularly uses the excuse she saved us money by buying something we didn't need that was on sale so maybe I could throw that one back at her.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Ok, so here I am jumping into your world and asking... what's the deal with Horween and why is this so special? My DD is a 1B'man, second to catcher. However, she has a Vinci, whatever the one is under the optimus, with kipp leather. She loves it, better than any of her previous baseball 1B gloves. So why would this be a better investment? I doubt I'd get it considering I have a new Ghost on order, but my wife regularly uses the excuse she saved us money by buying something we didn't need that was on sale so maybe I could throw that one back at her.

First off just know that Horween is not a leather, it’s a tannery in Chicago that produces some of the best ball glove specific leather there is. Their code “C55” dry glove leather was made famous by Bob Clevenhagen at the Rawlings St Louis Custom Shop (SLCS) back in the seventies & eighties.

It’s stiff, it’s a brick, it’s extremely durable, it’ll smell your house up with THE ultimate man cologne smell, but the downside is it’ll probably be 2 to 4 oz. heavier than a Kip leather Vinci (?).

But the upside is it’s a Rawlings DCT pattern designed by the Glove Cowboy and it’s 20% off, and although I’ve said here I don’t believe in that “forever” glove, this one will be as close as it gets, it’s an overbuilt tank!

Of course I’m guessing on the weight as I don’t know the exact numbers but this 1B mitt is as good as it gets! Hope that answered your question?

Aug 13, 2018
I LOVE geeks, of any sort!

I'm not, and none of my players are, in the market for a $200 1B mitt. But I'm a young 10U team, they wouldn't able to close it anyway. But I also know I didn't understand half of this post and I LOVE that.

Meet me on a craft beer/homebrew forum sometime (*note* I'm nowhere near as active since softball coaching has taken over my life) and I know you won't understand what we're talking about!!! Same goes for any major hobby, it's just great. Long live the geeks!!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Just stole a couple of pics for your viewing pleasure! Another cool thing about this Small Batch is the exclusivity, with Eric leaving Easton and taking a job with Marucci, I'm not too sure about the future of the Small Batch series, and whether they'll continue to use Horween as a leather supplier?

Here's the Small Batch beside the King........Rawlings DCT.
5960FAF8-455F-4BCF-A946-41E45C72BC8A.jpeg2A5198F4-EEF8-429D-9D9D-2C210DC89405.jpeg539BE8AE-F17A-41B6-823C-D4FE49B32EF0.jpegB7C90FE3-8A36-4146-AC56-657DEBEC7669.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut