Another “for us Dad’s” glove option!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The newest batch of Don Morton RV23 exclusives now has a Horween liner instead of the Deer tanned cowhide liner, huge step up! The website for some reason hasn’t changed, but the liner has!

Most people aren’t familiar with this model, I think it’s one of the coolest models and infield patterns out there, with THE coolest web ever put on a ball glove! The only problem with this glove is, small hands need not apply!

This exclusive has all the old school goodies........

Tan Horween, with Horween liner.
Tan laces.
Gray split welting.
Traditional patches.
Vegas gold stitching.
Indent stamping.
******And that cool hinged single post web!

And with the right coupon code it can be had for around ~$225.00, pretty hard to beat!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
so the hand stall on the RV23 is big?
Yes, big palm. Although this newest batch with the Horween liner is significantly “snugger” than the older batches. My 2015 Jtan model had a HUGE hand stall.

Two members over at SBF have recently bought this new batch and both say they’re definitely tighter on the hand. But don’t get me wrong, it’s not a Pro1000 hand stall.

The RV23 is THE perfect TIP glove, it’s really the only way I’d wear one.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
It’s a very unique quirky pattern, big palm and short fingers. But it feels so good catching a softball.

The RV23 was named after Robin Ventura, #23, and also used by Alex Rodriguez.

Jan 8, 2019
Pix on SBF are beautiful! Had I run across this one 6 months ago, I probably would have pulled the trigger. Unfortunately, not allowed to accumulate gloves like some lucky folks I know of.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Here's a couple recently posted, beautiful glove, deep & wide! The perfect slow pitch infield / 3B glove, or...........Dad glove that can be used with either ball with the kiddo's.
20200301_134922.jpg20200301_132645.jpg

Jan 8, 2019
@ANNASDAD is the pocket hinge laced together, or is there an actual bar of some kind in there? I'm guessing laces, but the engineer in me want to reduce the friction from the leather-on-leather contact.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@ANNASDAD is the pocket hinge laced together, or is there an actual bar of some kind in there? I'm guessing laces, but the engineer in me want to reduce the friction from the leather-on-leather contact.
Lemond, I'm about 95% sure it's lace in that post, never had one apart before? I'll look at mine when I go home for lunch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles