Slapper bat size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

develop-slap-hitter-fastptich-softball-1.3-800x800.jpg

Worth Mayhem Reload (end loaded slow pitch bat)

I maybe wrong but how is a slow pitch bat legal in fastpitch?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Certified ASA Equipment Here is the site The Worth Mayhem is not on the list, as I posted. Perhaps it could be used at the time of the picture. The list changes so you must check. Easy way it click the list by bat manufacturer. It will sort it for you.

It's "International softball" check that list. They are typically not strict on bats since they use a "deader?" ball. I heard once that you can get xenos with out the dampener for international softball.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Certified ASA Equipment Here is the site The Worth Mayhem is not on the list, as I posted. Perhaps it could be used at the time of the picture. The list changes so you must check. Easy way it click the list by bat manufacturer. It will sort it for you.

Any bat with a 2000 or 2004 certification mark, as long as they are not listed on the non-approved list, are approved for fastpitch ASA championship play. That includes a host of bats manufactured for slowpitch.

May 25, 2012
Top Ranking: Best 2012, 2013, 2014 Slapper Fastpitch Softball Bats | thecoachreviews.com[/url] just as info.

This is basically my 16yo DD, she is dominant R handed but has always hit from the left, very fast to first and was a catcher with a very strong arm due to all her years of competition swimming to give her that arm strength. Last year her Sophomore year her coach converted her from Catcher to CF for her speed and arm, so not she slaps and hits from the L side, plays CF and was All Conference last year. Good season and she really likes CF.

On the Bat size topic, she uses a 34 -10 Easton FS2 and does well with it.

Dec 26, 2008
bottle bat.jpg

DD has been swinging 34" 26-27oz bats for years. Same comments come up with using slow pitch bats.
Basically most parents/players and some coaches never understand rule number one...
..Know the rules...

Our slappers use 34" drop 12 balanced at 18U.
Younger slappers should use the longest bat they can handle. Single piece or bottle style they are more forgiving on mis-hits. The leading hitter in the Cincy GMC in 2013 batted over .500 with a $70 bat... Perfect for slapping and bunting...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog