Slapper bat size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
sports_rhea_taylor_mizzou_softball.jpg

Insane.....-8 ta boot

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I'm sure we can find some expections, but you will find most don't for the reasons team USA has on the video. DD is a very good slapper and has tried the Insane. She loves to hit with it, but not slap with it. You don't want the ball to go fast back to the infielder.

His comments on her. “We turned her into a center fielder because of her speed and turned her around to the left side to make her a slapper and bunter,” says Earleywine, who hopes to lead the No. 6-ranked Tigers (46-7 at press time) to a third consecutive Women’s College World Series in Oklahoma City June 2–8. “It’s been an amazing transformation. Those are the times when you feel like you know what you’re doing.” She was the best hitter no matter what bat she used!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure we can find some expections, but you will find most don't for the reasons team USA has on the video. DD is a very good slapper and has tried the Insane. She loves to hit with it, but not slap with it. You don't want the ball to go fast back to the infielder.

Mechanics and Drills for Softball Series - Softball -- Championship Productions, Inc.
head coach of that school doesn't suggest a end loaded bat.

His comments on her. “We turned her into a center fielder because of her speed and turned her around to the left side to make her a slapper and bunter,” says Earleywine, who hopes to lead the No. 6-ranked Tigers (46-7 at press time) to a third consecutive Women’s College World Series in Oklahoma City June 2–8. “It’s been an amazing transformation. Those are the times when you feel like you know what you’re doing.” She was the best hitter no matter what bat she used!

Top Ranking: Best 2012, 2013, 2014 Slapper Fastpitch Softball Bats | thecoachreviews.com just as info.

What about slapping for power? My DD can soft slap, slap for power, and hit for power along with bunting drag bunt etc. It doesn't matter how fast you are if the defense knows what your going to do, you will not have much success. True on a soft slap you don't want to use the sweet spot of the bat, but if all you do is soft slap and bunt you will be figured out soon enough at the higher levels of our sport. Whereas if you learn to slap for power and hit for power using the sweet part of the bat as well as soft slap then you have the defense on their heels wondering do I play up? or do I play back? An example of this was last week DD was up last inning of a showcase were down a run runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 down she comes up to bat and she had done nothing but soft slap and bunt in the game so the defense plays way up taking the bunt/slap away so she hits a hard ground ball by the second baseman who had know chance to field the ball playing so far in .....DD gets a double and 2 RBI's to win the game (yeah I know there is no winning and losing in showcases) but ill take that all day. Now if 2b is playing normal depth she more than likely makes the out and they win..

Tell me why would a slapper bat possible want a dead bat?Better for your knowledge slapper gets on in a few ways:
1) punch a grounder through the 5/6 hole
2) pop a line drive over F5 or F6 but short of the F7
3) pound the ball into the dirt in front of home plate such that it bounces high
4) bunt
5) swing away for power depending on situation

NTEP Commercial Scales

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Tell me why would a slapper bat possible want a dead bat?Better for your knowledge slapper gets on in a few ways:
1) punch a grounder through the 5/6 hole
2) pop a line drive over F5 or F6 but short of the F7
3) pound the ball into the dirt in front of home plate such that it bounces high
4) bunt
5) swing away for power depending on situation

Exactly, DD reads the defense and works with what the defense is giving her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole