Showing bunt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2009
Watched the FSU vs. Notre Dame today. Seemed like nearly every Notre Dame batter readied themselves for the pitch showing a bunt... including with two strikes, etc. Seemed ridiculous to me but I'd be interested in hearing from others if they think there's a practical reason, which results in any realistic competitive advantage, for doing so?

I know some girls do it as a timing thing, others think it makes them concentrate more on contact. Some girls only do it with two strikes I used to think it hurt girls ability to hit the ball but after watching several college girls on TV hit HR's with the technique I just file it away under the "whatever works" category, still don't think its something I would teach or advocate but to each his own

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
DD uses this as an effective timing technique when facing a pitcher with a noticeable lack of speed or with an effective CU. She doesn't actually hold the bat as she does when bunting (hand up the barrel), but does hold the bat out parallel to the front of the plate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi