Shout out to Vinci & Drakemir

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Please share some of your wisdom and persistence. We received DD's 34" Optimus mitt back in late January and I feel like we are only at the point where the ball doesn't pop out consistently. I was naively hopeful it would be if not game ready at least close to game ready by now. This thing is a beast.
Not sure if you've searched any older posts here regarding breaking in a Vinci catchers mitt?

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PALM PAD!!!!
It has a memory of it's own, right when you think you're making progress, the temperature changes, the moon changes it's lunar cycle, your wife changes moods on a dime.....then that palm pad goes right back to where it was!

If you can conquer the palm pad, the rest of the mitt is a piece of cake! You've got to get mean and rude with it!

Nov 1, 2022
Not sure if you've searched any older posts here regarding breaking in a Vinci catchers mitt?

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PALM PAD!!!!
It has a memory of it's own, right when you think you're making progress, the temperature changes, the moon changes it's lunar cycle, your wife changes moods on a dime.....then that palm pad goes right back to where it was!

If you can conquer the palm pad, the rest of the mitt is a piece of cake! You've got to get mean and rude with it!
For sure! The palm pad was the focus of my energies. Getting the sides to move at all is not going to happen until that palm pad has been tamed. I still think back to when we opened the box and took the glove out-it was a brick!! < A good home defense weapon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00