She never quit!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
A little over 3 years ago DD and her team landed in Colorado for IDT. They were excited as they were accepted to a power pool and would see the best competition they've ever faced. A 14 year old girl was about to learn what big girl ball was all about. When she stepped in the circle against the So Cal Athletics the plan was simple, keep the ball low and let your fielders do the work. When the final out was recorded in that inning 6 runners crossed the plate and her team was down 12-0. Although it was a tough loss looking at the commits on that roster made it a bit more palatable. After the game DD said to me "I'll never be that good". As a dad my natural reaction was to disagree but I didn't, fact was I believed her and didn't want to lie to her. Nevertheless she continued to work and work... Very rarely do you get the chance for a redo but yesterday in Arizona DD got the start against that very same A's team. This time they were bigger, stronger and faster.
But the outcome was much different.
DD pitched 5 innings (our team usually gives each pitcher 3 innings per game) allowing one run on 3 hits with one walk and 6 strikeouts. Her team went on to win the game 4-3.
When I saw her walk out to the circle in the first inning I felt much different than I did 3 years ago. She is now a confident and well equipped pitcher able to compete at a high level. The third batter of the game (Arkansas commit) took her yard but she shrugged it off and shut them down for the next 4 innings giving her team a chance to win. When coaches, teammates and haters tell your kid she can't and she will never be good enough think of that as a gift and use that as motivation to work even harder.
Just never ever quit!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-084459_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201102-084459_Gallery.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 49
  • 20201102_084412.jpg
    20201102_084412.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Good Story!!! Gotta keep choppin' the Wood!!! We played the So Cal A's in our first practice game at the IDT in Summer 2019. Whew! They tore us apart. LOL. There is a reason they were #1 in the Country.

Apr 28, 2014
Good Story!!! Gotta keep choppin' the Wood!!! We played the So Cal A's in our first practice game at the IDT in Summer 2019. Whew! They tore us apart. LOL. There is a reason they were #1 in the Country.
Thanks!!
They hit up and down the lineup.
They beat Mercado 9-8..

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
This is awesome to hear! Love it when the spinners beat a strong offense! Good for her to prove them all wrong in the end! 😊

Feb 3, 2016
Awesome. Got to love those moments of perseverance and growth as parent.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Nice work.

DDs team ran into a 16u A's team in Vegas '17. They looked like linebackers and all had top D1 school patches on their shoulders.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13