Sept. 1st is approaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Was she a pitcher?

No, this happened in the fielding portion of the camp. I was off sampling some midtown Atlanta restaurants so I am getting this all second-hand.

During the pitching session, one girl stood out above the rest, hitting 67 on the radar consistently and hitting her spots and moving the ball well. I tried to get her name as she was drawing interest from the coaches, and she certainly impressed everyone there.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
No, this happened in the fielding portion of the camp. I was off sampling some midtown Atlanta restaurants so I am getting this all second-hand.

During the pitching session, one girl stood out above the rest, hitting 67 on the radar consistently and hitting her spots and moving the ball well. I tried to get her name as she was drawing interest from the coaches, and she certainly impressed everyone there.
A friend's daughter got a text and email from them on September 1st to setup a call, but they haven't heard from them since. I guess I know why now. 67 is really fast for a HS girl.

Oct 4, 2018
Wow. That's usually done in private. They must have really wanted her and didn't want her to leave the field.

Interesting.

I did talk to a random dad of an older girl who was invited/strongly encouraged to come to this camp. I watched as the head coach talked to her several times and paid more attention to her than others.

My hunch was that this girl that was given the offer was pretty sure she was getting one. I don't know if the coach wanted to do it in person, or she's a local Atlanta girl, or what. But that girl only did the fielding session so yes, perhaps they wanted to do it in person before she got into her car.

May 27, 2013
I disagree on this on giving them the benefit of the doubt. They've had years to prepare and have their day planned out from emails, calls, follow ups. Which coach has which player from initial calls to follow ups. JMO but if they want you, they answer.

Just trying to think positive for the OP’s dd - but maybe you are correct.

May 16, 2016
My kiddo had a great experience on 9/1 but she also had a couple of disappointing encounters. She had a couple of schools that contacted her right at midnight asking for calls and then when she tried to set up times they completely ghosted her. Another school did the call with her and asked her to visit and then has never returned her inquiries since about possible dates. Those coaches would be beyond pissed if the prospective student athlete had done that to them. It’s rude and honestly if those coaches re connected now we’re not interested in talking to them….well she might be but I’m not. I just think it’s a huge red flag with how they treat kids in their program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good news... You are on their short list. Bad news... you were not at the top of the short list.... and they are going to string you along, until they get answers from the girls ahead of you. They are waiting to hear from their #1 (#2, #3... ?) choice, and until they do, unfortunately, it's going to be crickets for you. If they are chasing a highly recruited player, it could be weeks before they finally get a "no" and they can move down the list. Because that highly recruited player may be sitting on 3 offers, but not the offer she wants, so she is stringing those coaches along, buying time for her #1 choice to respond.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Good news... You are on their short list. Bad news... you were not at the top of the short list.... and they are going to string you along, until they get answers from the girls ahead of you. They are waiting to hear from their #1 (#2, #3... ?) choice, and until they do, unfortunately, it's going to be crickets for you. If they are chasing a highly recruited player, it could be weeks before they finally get a "no" and they can move down the list. Because that highly recruited player may be sitting on 3 offers, but not the offer she wants, so she is stringing those coaches along, buying time for her #1 choice to respond.
This very well could be what is happening. Just like the players, the coaches are casting a wide net too to cover all bases. This is just the start of the journey.

Oct 4, 2018

Makes perfect sense. Sucks, but that's how these things go...

Aug 5, 2022
Yes lol I know how the game is played just personally wouldn’t have called seconds after midnight kids who weren’t on the short of the short list lol. She’s got several visits set up and one offer in hand that’s exceptional but it’s to her second choice. Hoping to make a decision by thanksgiving.

Jun 27, 2021
Alot of truth in this. The earlier the call and more contact after you know where you stand.

Oct 4, 2018
Yes lol I know how the game is played just personally wouldn’t have called seconds after midnight kids who weren’t on the short of the short list lol. She’s got several visits set up and one offer in hand that’s exceptional but it’s to her second choice. Hoping to make a decision by thanksgiving.

Oh great, so now you're going to sit on that offer from her second choice and some poor girl who isn't as good as your daughter is now having to wait for your daughter to decide.

:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan