Sept. 1st is approaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2021
This is my first Sept 1, DD is a 24. It's nice to see that twitter and instagram are flooded with posts about this is just the start, not the finish. I liked this one...

I hope that the fellow '24 parents on here are having a good day.. There's enough room out there for all of our kids to find a place if they are so inclined!

I don't disagree with the statement, but personally feel those putting out these statements are not UCLA, Alabama or Oklahoma type schools. Those schools going this route know that they are not getting the P5 top 5% kids and can wait until morning but also send out a message like that coming across as the good guys while throwing shade at the bigger schools.

Aug 5, 2022
My kiddo had a great experience on 9/1 but she also had a couple of disappointing encounters. She had a couple of schools that contacted her right at midnight asking for calls and then when she tried to set up times they completely ghosted her. Another school did the call with her and asked her to visit and then has never returned her inquiries since about possible dates. Those coaches would be beyond pissed if the prospective student athlete had done that to them. It’s rude and honestly if those coaches re connected now we’re not interested in talking to them….well she might be but I’m not. I just think it’s a huge red flag with how they treat kids in their program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
My kiddo had a great experience on 9/1 but she also had a couple of disappointing encounters. She had a couple of schools that contacted her right at midnight asking for calls and then when she tried to set up times they completely ghosted her. Another school did the call with her and asked her to visit and then has never returned her inquiries since about possible dates. Those coaches would be beyond pissed if the prospective student athlete had done that to them. It’s rude and honestly if those coaches re connected now we’re not interested in talking to them….well she might be but I’m not. I just think it’s a huge red flag with how they treat kids in their program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it is all part of the process. It also helps the player weed out programs not to commit to when the coaches pull that nonsense.

I, however, always try to give them the benefit of doubt - maybe they are sorting through a bunch of emails, maybe they weren’t checking emails over the holiday weekend, etc. Keep in mind many are also practicing with their teams for the first time this fall season. I would give them a week before writing them off completely. As much as they aren’t the only coach your dd has emailed, your dd also isn’t the only recruit they are communicating with, so it might take a little bit for a response.

Oct 4, 2018
My DD and some of her teammates went to the Georgia Tech "camp" this weekend. Just for fun.

They were standing near enough to hear the head coach make an offer to an older girl at the camp. Pretty cool.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My DD and some of her teammates went to the Georgia Tech "camp" this weekend. Just for fun.

They were standing near enough to hear the head coach make an offer to an older girl at the camp. Pretty cool.
Wow. That's usually done in private. They must have really wanted her and didn't want her to leave the field.

Jun 27, 2021
Unfortunately it is all part of the process. It also helps the player weed out programs not to commit to when the coaches pull that nonsense.

I, however, always try to give them the benefit of doubt - maybe they are sorting through a bunch of emails, maybe they weren’t checking emails over the holiday weekend, etc. Keep in mind many are also practicing with their teams for the first time this fall season. I would give them a week before writing them off completely. As much as they aren’t the only coach your dd has emailed, your dd also isn’t the only recruit they are communicating with, so it might take a little bit for a response.
I disagree on this on giving them the benefit of the doubt. They've had years to prepare and have their day planned out from emails, calls, follow ups. Which coach has which player from initial calls to follow ups. JMO but if they want you, they answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG