School ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2013
My DD is in 8th grade this year. She's played travel for several years but was never in the top half of the talent. Last year before school ball she was injured, went to ever practice but could not participate, released after the first week of games. Only played defense about 5 innings, and batted 3 times. She cranked a home run first at bat but still never got the respect she deserved on that team. This year she is by far the best on the team. Over .700 average, only 3 strikeouts. More RBIs and runs then anyone and no, repeat no errors in the infield. Coach told her she would never have success with her swing. What?? It's a softball swing, whatever she proved him wrong and she's killing it. Varsity coach has taken notice, maybe she will make the varsity team as a frosh!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 29, 2017
Glad she is making an impact on the team now.

I can't stand the "its a softball swing" comment. No, its a swing, only thing different is the ball you hit.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD is a heal dropper, before a game last year coach spent their entire pregame with her telling her she could not hit and working on her stride.

1st at bat, heal drops, off the fence.

They leave her alone now.

I am hoping they help her some more, she seems to play better when she is annoyed. :)

Good luck, am sure coach's heart is in right place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red