School ball(When and How is it going for everyone?)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Don't get me started on my DD's HS ball experience. That said, I wish D the best of Luck! We're rooting for her. Love and prayers from Ohio sent!

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2015
No DD for me, but unfortunately I found out I was turned down for the softball coaching position I applied for at the school I am a long-term substitute teacher at. Unless something else pops up between now and the end of February, I'm going to seek my certification to umpire HS softball. There's a beyond-desperate need in my part of upstate NY, and I have umpired little league/youth baseball and softball for 13 years. So we'll see what happens going forward.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DD2 has tryouts tomorrow. Should be a fun year for her. The coaches already know her because DD1 went there. DD2 is also reunited with some girls she played with and against in 10's and 12's.

Jun 14, 2016
Dd had her 1st intra squad scrimmage yesterday. She is at a new school this year but it looks like she will be in The top 2 pitching rotation. She had a great scrimmage, only giving up 1 run in 4 innings pitched. We will have a very young team with only a couple of senior starters. Pitching should be good with my dd and a freshman Being the top 2 pitchers and a couple of other girls that are also good. Should have a very good defense and will have to see how offense develops. 1st real scrimmage is feb 6th and the jamboree is feb 16th. Excited for the season to begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 10, 2013
DD's tryouts are on the 14th. for the first time ever, they have enough players trying out to make varsity and JV. Yep. it's better to be in JV and play rather than in varsity and sit.

Feb 7, 2014
Very jealous of those schools with more than one team - I'm sure some have three. DD school will be fortunate to have one. DD will likely be the starting catcher (or pitcher depending on how things 'shake out')... and they'll likely struggle to get a win. School and travel are definitely apples and oranges!

Jan 28, 2017
DD is an 11 year old 6th grader. Started both games for the MS team and went 1-3. We won the preseason tournament. Going to be an awesome year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles