Scap

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Maybe this..........
tumblr_opi35sAbZW1usf292o1_250.gif

Sep 17, 2009
Kinda makes sense if you try it...you definitely pull *back* but with the scap it feels more like back and down (with the coil and sit contributing directionally as well)....putting it in your right - (if right-handed) back pocket. Saw the cue on Twitter, never used it to vouch for the blank stare you might or might not get back from a hitter :)

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
C'mon folks .... don't over complicate it .... this is simply the 'reversal' of the core 'loading' that was described ORWheels recent post describing the 'core loading'. It's really that simple.

Sep 7, 2017
Why are we forcing a scap load anyway? Launch the barrel and feel the scap retract on its own...All of this FORCED MOVEMENT! Long and slow!

Nov 18, 2015
Why are we forcing a scap load anyway? Launch the barrel and feel the scap retract on its own...All of this FORCED MOVEMENT! Long and slow!

Can you clarify what's launching the barrel? What happens during launch that causes the scap to retract on its own? Is it retracting from a relaxed / static position, or was it stretched / extended by something pre-launch?

I've always viewed it as a conscious (deliberate?) movement, are you saying it's more of a byproduct of other movements?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Can you clarify what's launching the barrel? What happens during launch that causes the scap to retract on its own? Is it retracting from a relaxed / static position, or was it stretched / extended by something pre-launch?

I've always viewed it as a conscious (deliberate?) movement, are you saying it's more of a byproduct of other movements?

What do you think about this swing?

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619