Same Ole Story..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The lead arm shoulder/torso isn't stretching against the torso/thorax. She is "loading" the upper body/hands where everything moves together. The lead arm isn't used well because the hand/upperbody load up. The hands aren't back far enough for the lead arm stretch to take place. You could create stretch with a bent lead arm, but this is seldom the case.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The head moves backwards with the loading up instead of staying above the front hip and creating an attack posture. Instead of a attack posture, she leans backwards too much.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2014
Here's another vid tonight obviously with some focus on not loading on top of her back knee too much and loading more into.

Don't like how the hands are dropping in this video and elbows wrapping around trunk. Tee is set up a little too far out front as well

I like the swing - good intent - tried to create separation and loads scap. Have you tried a leg kick stride? She could pull it off and it would eliminate the rocking compensation she is doing because of the lack of a stride.

May 12, 2016
The lead arm shoulder/torso isn't stretching against the torso/thorax. She is "loading" the upper body/hands where everything moves together. The lead arm isn't used well because the hand/upperbody load up. The hands aren't back far enough for the lead arm stretch to take place. You could create stretch with a bent lead arm, but this is seldom the case.
Thanks Shawn, I know ideally that lead arm should lengthen more, however I do believe stretch is taking place. I believe more stretch can be achieved for sure, so thank you for your comments.

May 12, 2016
I like the swing - good intent - tried to create separation and loads scap. Have you tried a leg kick stride? She could pull it off and it would eliminate the rocking compensation she is doing because of the lack of a stride.

Thank you, she is a no stride hitter, so the leg kick or any other type of stride is not happening ... lol

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Thanks Shawn, I know ideally that lead arm should lengthen more, however I do believe stretch is taking place. I believe more stretch can be achieved for sure, so thank you for your comments.

I agree there is some stretch as rotation takes place. I think however that the loading up isn't creating much stretch, the stretch is taken place as the swing starts.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think she might be posting up on the front leg/hip a little too much. The front hip doesn't move backwards as much as it is posting up. That might be part of what your seeing as standing up on the front leg.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying