RVP connection point position

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
am I wrong when I say that I do not like the hands to fall behind the shoulder turn?

If you get a good body whip, good overlap, good x factor, if the arms fall behind with the hands , would that not a "disconnection from the energy produced by all the previous motion, breaking the kinetic chain?

Or, does the hands falling behind and besides the rear shoulder Help the whip? I should say, "besides the shoulder"

at this point, I like to teach hands staying connected to shoulder rotation and a strong pivot like Bustos teaches, even though I know nothing about Bustos, except for what is posted here, I have come up with it myself, which lends me to believe, I am close.

Do not try to read that because of my connection thoughts, that the hands are not active, I just like the front arm to remain stable, and not get long, to soon.

Mann, here's the GIF you included in your original post of this thread.

sndu35.gif

Is this what you consider to be an example of how you "like to teach hands staying connected to shoulder rotation"?

Please describe this "strong pivot" that you see in the swing above. What is the pivoting action you like here and at what point in the swing is it occurring?

You made a comment on "active hands". At what point in the above demonstration do you perceive the hands to be active?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I don't know if these stills will advance the discussion or not but here are 2 stills of swings which resulted in home runs or in the Italy pic a double.

Attachments

• BB Hitting Italy 4.jpg
    BB Hitting Italy 4.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 75
  • BB hitting.jpg
    BB hitting.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 77
  • rp_primary_Butler3.jpg
    rp_primary_Butler3.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 76
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I don't know if these stills will advance the discussion or not but here are 2 stills of swings which resulted in home runs or in the Italy pic a double.

She looks perfect at impact. Nice photos.

Be good for any girl to see how they can do a slow motion swing and get to this position at impact.

SL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55