Running the bases- staying in stride

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
Efficient technique helps runners get there faster. Like this photo. Showing staying in stride while running the bases.
Screenshot_20230614-061149_Instagram.jpg

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I get so spoiled watching college games with very athletic players and like you say, good technique. The I go watch the local high school game and wonder "How did she get thrown out from way out there?"

Jun 8, 2016
Showing a still of your favorite college player on the base doesn't prove she stayed in stride but I will take your word for it..(and I agree that it is important..)

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
What do we do with players that run with their forearms flailing all over the place. Even if I can get them to run cheek to cheek down the first baseline if they hit a double, once they turn for 2 the flailing starts. It is not a good look. Even if they are running out to their OF position in between innings I don't want to see it.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
During warmups at slow speed then medium speed then fast speed, skip (high knees and arm action accentuated) for 10 yards. Then run back at focusing on the technique. This helped a lot of the girls recognize the flailing arms.

Edit: Also have them trot in place then move their arms faster to notice their legs are now moving faster.

Edit: Or show them this ;)

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
What do we do with players that run with their forearms flailing all over the place. Even if I can get them to run cheek to cheek down the first baseline if they hit a double, once they turn for 2 the flailing starts. It is not a good look. Even if they are running out to their OF position in between innings I don't want to see it.
Lol 'the flailing' it's a good description and it happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles