Runner Leaves Early on a Steal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I'm looking for clarification, I thought it was a straight dead ball. During the Clemson vs Ok St game a runner on first left early then interfered with the 2nd baseman making a throw to 1st on a DP attempt. They ruled the batter/runner out because of interference at 2nd and said it was a delayed dead ball on the runner leaving early, the defense had a choice of which play to take and obviously took the DP.

Jul 22, 2015
I'm looking for clarification, I thought it was a straight dead ball. During the Clemson vs Ok St game a runner on first left early then interfered with the 2nd baseman making a throw to 1st on a DP attempt. They ruled the batter/runner out because of interference at 2nd and said it was a delayed dead ball on the runner leaving early, the defense had a choice of which play to take and obviously took the DP.
As has been said already, only delayed in NCAA. This type of play is the reason it is delayed though. Gives the defense the chance to take whatever gives them the greatest advantage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad