Roster Call

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
USSSA has a new rule in place which makes the use of guest players tedious, but it is for a good reason. In order for a player to guest play, she must be taken off of her team's online roster. She can then be put on the guest team's roster. After the tournament, she needs to be taken off of the guest roster and put back on her original roster. Rosters get frozen around state tournament time, and no guest play is allowed. When a player is put on a guest team's online roster, her original team coach gets a text stating that this happened. This strict interpretation is in place so that players don't guest play willy nilly without her team knowing about it. The rule has been in place for a while for baseball - I think this is because baseball has pitch counts in place and an original team wouldn't be too happy about one of their pitchers blowing all of his innings during guest play.
So anyway - yeah I would let a nickname slide, but it is worth bringing it up, and yes, the name does indeed have to be correct. It's really a safeguard to make sure the original coach knows what is going on and has given permission.

Mar 31, 2013
Chicago
A first name nick name I would agree with. Cathy instead of Catherine isn't a problem. But to change the last name? That is where the problem comes in. If my name was John Smith and they put down John Doe that would be a completely different player at least as the roster is concerned, correct?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs