rosin bags in ASA?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 25, 2010
Watched so much NCAA ball this weekend I don't remember which game but both pitchers were going to the rosin bag every pitch. I believe CT was one of them.

Got me thinking..I don't remember ever seeing one in use at an ASA tournament. Are they legal in ASA?

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Rosin bag always legal as I remember it. Only tried one in one game. Believe you are required to wipe off on your pants before touching the ball.

The one time I did try it, (Other pitcher's bag) made the mistake of trying to wipe some sweatr away from my and a little bit got in my eye. Could of used a fire extinguisher that day! No a good thing to do. First and last time for me!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Rosin bags are legal in ASA play, and I believe they now also allow the pitcher to pickup a handful of dirt to help prevent moisture in the hand....

Dec 20, 2012
Daughter used rosin bag for a while with no problem. Academy was out of the small rosin bag so I grabbed a rock rosin bag instead. Ump would not allow it because it was 100% rosin opposed to the rosin that has powder(i guess talc) in it.

This is from an older rule book but I think it still applies. Guess that is why CT has to bend over to resin up her fingers before every pitch.

The entire rule is ASA Rule 6 Section 6A (fast pitch): A defensive player shall not at any time during the game be allowed to place a foreign substance upon the ball. Under the supervision and control of the umpire, powder resin and/or an approved manufactered drying agent that is included on the list published by the ASA may be used by the pitcher. The resin must be left on the ground and the approved drying agent in the pitcher's pocket. A pitcher who licks their fingers must wipe the fingers before bringing them in contact with the ball.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Watched so much NCAA ball this weekend I don't remember which game but both pitchers were going to the rosin bag every pitch. I believe CT was one of them.

Got me thinking..I don't remember ever seeing one in use at an ASA tournament. Are they legal in ASA?
Minnesota's pitcher was driving me nuts she would go to the rosin bag and the. Wipe her hand before every pitch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan