Rip-It Prototype -9

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
Trying to find another bat that will replace the RockeTech we have....and to make it last longer by not using for BP, I found this bat that may be similar for 89.95 which is a $240 savings. Figure it's worth a shot at this price. Anybody use or try these bats?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Yes, DD tried that bat both off of a pitching machine and off of the tee. Both her RT and her RF outhit that particular bat by approximately 35'. To be fair to the prototype, it wasn't broken in yet as opposed to both Andersons so I really can't make a fair comparison. However, DD found that the Xeno -9 swung very similarly to her RF which is a more balanced bat than the RT. If you are looking for a bat similar to the RT, she said the Mizuno Whiteout was the closest feel to it that she has tried so far. Many have said that the old Easton Stealths are very similar to the swing of an Rt and a very hot bat.

Last edited:

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
Thanks. It mainly is going to be a practice bat to make her RT last as long as possible. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the mizuno bat.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Thanks. It mainly is going to be a practice bat to make her RT last as long as possible. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the mizuno bat.

Don't forget about the Stealths either. You can usually pick them up on the cheap used on ebay and again, from what I've heard, are very similar. Might be worth looking into. The worst that can happen is you turn around and resell it for what you have into it on ebay.

Oct 10, 2011
bat

Maybe try the Easton SCN5b. It's like a -8 and is one of the best ever. You can get them pretty cheap used.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
The bat came in yesterday. Interestingly enough, it feels heavier than the RT which I thought was "heavy". I'll be interested in how it performs for curiosities sake. If it doesn't work out I'll go re-stir the pot in the RT replacement thread about metal vs. composite.

kidding...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00