Ringor Pitching Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2013
This is one of the "If i had to do it all over again" topics..... DD Pitching since 10U, I have bought no less that 10 pairs of Ringor cleats and/or spikes and 4 pairs of turf shoes. this adds up to well over 1500$ in footwear.

I would NOT buy the cleats and spikes until the foot stops growing. Of the 10 pair I bought, NONE were worn out, foot just grew too damn much! wears a Ringor size 12 now, I suspect her first size was around 6. so my tip is... stick with 40$ pair (clearance cheaper!!!) with a 15$ tuff toe, that does all she ever needed (pitched in IDT, D9, PGF with both ringors and cheap mizuno's with tuff toe. The cleat makes no difference.) However, like picking a school, FIT is the key. Save your $$$$...

mind you, I am a RINGOR fan, so this is not a slam by any means. I will be buying her another pair of turf shoes as she starts school in fall.

Jul 7, 2016
My DD is slowing down on foot growth and her cleats have been Tuff-Toed enough, so I bit the bullet... the customer service at Ringor is outstanding. Super friendly and helpful.

Jun 19, 2013
This is one of the "If i had to do it all over again" topics..... DD Pitching since 10U, I have bought no less that 10 pairs of Ringor cleats and/or spikes and 4 pairs of turf shoes. this adds up to well over 1500$ in footwear.

I would NOT buy the cleats and spikes until the foot stops growing. Of the 10 pair I bought, NONE were worn out, foot just grew too damn much! wears a Ringor size 12 now, I suspect her first size was around 6. so my tip is... stick with 40$ pair (clearance cheaper!!!) with a 15$ tuff toe, that does all she ever needed (pitched in IDT, D9, PGF with both ringors and cheap mizuno's with tuff toe. The cleat makes no difference.) However, like picking a school, FIT is the key. Save your $$$$...

mind you, I am a RINGOR fan, so this is not a slam by any means. I will be buying her another pair of turf shoes as she starts school in fall.

The only problem with this is if you have a pitcher with a bad drag - which I did - we were going through 2 pair of $60 cleats per season and then another for fall ball because she would kill the cheaper shoes. And the tough toe product we had wore down and was almost sharpish hard plastic that poked through the hole and cut the side of her big toe. So this might work for you, but in our case the Ringor pitching toe was the only thing she wasn't disintegrating during that phase. We bought them even a half size bigger and put a nice thick insole in and she were so excited to have something that lasted two seasons! BUT her feet were not growing super fast at that time.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Back when DD was still pitching we got her a pair. They were super narrow and didn't work for DD's Freddy Flintstone feet at all.

Feb 20, 2017
They run small. I loved them until recently. I'm pitching in retirement - a season in Europe and my cleats were torn at the toe and the pitchers toe was ripped through and falling off. Contacting customer service was pretty useless. Now searching for the better option since I continue to pitch 2-3x a week as an assistant coach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi