Rick Pauly clinic East Central Indiana

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Currently, our list of instructors are.... (Please remain seated, with your tray in the upright position)
RICK PAULY
BILL HILLHOUSE
BRANDON CARR
DOUG ROMRELL
JAMES CLARK
MIKE M. (Javasource)
KEN KRAUSE
And with occasional assistance from...
JAMIE CARR
DAVE EDWARDS

I've gotten an TON of people who've requested their registration, but I've only received a fraction of them so far. Get your check and registration to me a sap, or risk getting it returned to you because we've ran out of room.

Wow!!! Just read through this entire thread and honestly think this is the best clinic I have ever seen promoted. Excellent job Coach James for assembling such great talent!! I truly wish DD and I were able to attend, but unfortunately we cannot. I am definitely jealous...

Mar 12, 2009
So jealous!!! If my DD wasn't going in to her last year... we wouldn't miss this for anything. She could still benefit tremendously from it but she's not looking to pitch in college. A huge Thank You to all the people involved in this event!!!

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Ken is coming... how cool!

When you agreed to do it I just couldn't resist. :p

That's quite a lineup James has put together! We all tend to give lessons in our own little bubbles. I'm really looking forward to the chance to see how the rest of you teach, and how you approach things. My guess is I will learn more than the kids!

Mar 12, 2009
The PowerPoint/Q&A session is the only thing that would need recorded in my opinion. If these guys are like Java... I could see that portion lasting all night! These same discussions have happened across different hitting forums but I don't think there's even 3 people among them who believe the same thing. Actually, I believe if you could get them all in one place they would all end up saying "yeah... that's what I've been saying all along... yeah me too!".

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
:mad: I can't find flights under $300. Two tickets, car rental and hotel..... It might be cheaper to get them out here.

Come SoCal folks.....lets coordinate something.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
You need a Coach James out there !!!! He's the man !!! :cool: Matter of fact I bet you get a hold of him, and he would help you get the party started out there too !!! :cool:

Aug 21, 2008
For those of you needing a hotel....
I have established a group rate at:

Holiday Inn
6000 National Road East
Richmond, IN 47374
(765)488-1975 Ext. 101
Kay Johnson Sales Mgr.

USE CODE ...PPC... (stands for Pauly pitching clinic)

This is a $35 discount per room.
This hotel offers a full restaurant, full bar, heated pool, exercise room, conference room, and its only 2 years old. (Very clean)
Each room will be $89 per night, this is for 2 queen beds.
I have 25 rooms blocked out for you all, but plenty more are available if nesc.
DO NOT WAIT TO BOOK, THIS DEAL EXPIRES ON MARCH 1ST

If everyone is ok with my plan, I was hoping to have everyone follow this itinerary on Friday....
1. Fri 6-8pm powerpoint
2. go to the hotel for a late dinner (I will be buying all participating instructors a fat steak and potato)
3. off to the conference room for drinks and fellowship

Ok.... I am disgusted. Pauly Pitching clinic price? <sigh> Who's the pitcher here? Me or Rick? I want that changed to Hillhouse Pitching clinic price or I withdraw like Trump out of the Iowa debate. I even got Sarah Palin's endorsement on that!!! on second thought....

People have asked in PM's... yes, I will bring videos and products with me since I'm driving. And if I play my cards right, I'll get Java to swing by and pick me up on his way since Erie is right on his driving path. In the spirit of Pete Rose, Autographs and pics will be $25 each. After every clinic I sign 20-40 autographs... nobody takes them but I sign them.

I know Rick has the floor on Friday to do is power point. But, I have some brand new stand up comedy pitching clinic material that I'd like to try out on the crowd. So, I'd like 30 minutes, even though I'll be boo'd off the stage in 15 mins. And I could be lured off in 5 mins with a Bud Light.

Lest anyone think I am serious about any of this. I came on board in what started as a joke... and only signed on when I spoke to Rick and sought his permission to join the party. This is HIS clinic, I'm a spoke in a wheel of this. This show belongs to Rick, and I will do whatever he asks of me. He asked me to do the demonstration of things, which I will do so I will need a volunteer catcher. And I will demo pitches while attendees stand as a batter so they can see ball rotation and hear it sizzle with tight spin... of course I'll be throwing a whiffle ball but, pretend its real. ha ha

Bill

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
And if I play my cards right, I'll get Java to swing by and pick me up on his way since Erie is right on his driving path.

I'm getting the room deal...seen it has two double beds... Syd's is coming Sat w/her catcher... You two drive hard and fast, I'll leave the light on for you. :cool:

I heard Java wants to stop half way... help him drive... hammer down !!! When we went to see him... left @ 5:30am... 3+hrs of lessons and turned around for home... got back here @ 1:45am. and I'm old... :cool: You could be @ the hotel @ 10-11 if I was coaching the trip... LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06