Rick Pauly clinic East Central Indiana

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 12, 2009
PC... I'm thinking your understanding of the mechanics far exceed the demonstration... just messin with ya!:)

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
PC... I'm thinking your understanding of the mechanics far exceed the demonstration... just messin with ya!:)

Yep... I was trying to crank my hand as fast as I could. I was testing for blur factor. Lighting is gold there. Shot it @ 60fps TV 1/1000 for test...no blur... Think I can even do better... . I can zoom in & show that elite hand movement. :cool:

Just wish I would have got out a bat and gave the tech hitting guys something to dis~cuss for year's to come...

I'm thinking this would be the perfect place for a jumping riseball pitcher to show up and get it filmed, and collect sluggers $500...:cool:

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2009
I am in the legal profession, I think it's a very slippery slope to have this filmed. You can take my advice or throw it away.

You're talking about filming kids. We live in a sick world folks and I sure wouldn't want my kid filmed for God knows who to watch it! You're talking about filming guys who have contractual obligations to their production companies (I wrote one such contract for one of the speakers) for the clinic. They could get sued by their own companies, I assure you stranger lawsuits have been brought forth. I know BH always allows parents to film their lessons for personal use but, not for online public to see.

Coach, I think you'd best reconsider this. If, and I do say IF, the videographer decided to make his own DVD and collect the proceeds, you could have multiple lawsuits on hand. I mean no disrespect to Perfect Circle, I'm just exploring all angles. You'll need a ton of waivers signed by the parents, and clinicians and even the facility to allow logos to be shown, intellectual property displayed, and a proper amount contracts negotiated between the speakers for their services to be videoed.

Very slippery slope indeed....

CG

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Lots of training stuff and clinic clips all over the net. waivers, face blurring if necessary.

Or just film instruction.

Never finish with hand up in face blur...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IIQ1vDaIbFY?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I am in the legal profession, I think it's a very slippery slope to have this filmed. You can take my advice or throw it away.

You're talking about filming kids. We live in a sick world folks and I sure wouldn't want my kid filmed for God knows who to watch it! You're talking about filming guys who have contractual obligations to their production companies (I wrote one such contract for one of the speakers) for the clinic. They could get sued by their own companies, I assure you stranger lawsuits have been brought forth. I know BH always allows parents to film their lessons for personal use but, not for online public to see.

Coach, I think you'd best reconsider this. If, and I do say IF, the videographer decided to make his own DVD and collect the proceeds, you could have multiple lawsuits on hand. I mean no disrespect to Perfect Circle, I'm just exploring all angles. You'll need a ton of waivers signed by the parents, and clinicians and even the facility to allow logos to be shown, intellectual property displayed, and a proper amount contracts negotiated between the speakers for their services to be videoed.

Very slippery slope indeed....

CG

Thank You curiousgeorge.... no disrespect taken. My sole intention for this event is for my DD to learn BI... this close to Home.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Hey all you DFP rockstars.... it's time to get off your duff and head out to this clinic!

As a means to help Rick... I'd like all those that are planning on attending to send me a PM with:

Names, age, years playing the game
Short video snippet of her pitching (youtube link is preferred)
Your own critique of items you BOTH believe she needs to work on
What you hope to achieve in attending this INCREDIBLE event

I will not share this information with anyone but those that are hosting the clinic. Being able to review this information prior to clinic will allow us to provide you with the most value from the time we get to spend together.

Coach James has already heard from 50+ people... stop dilly-dallying, pay the man... don't miss this opportunity!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Currently, our list of instructors are.... (Please remain seated, with your tray in the upright position)
RICK PAULY
BILL HILLHOUSE
BRANDON CARR
DOUG ROMRELL
JAMES CLARK
MIKE M. (Javasource)
KEN KRAUSE
And with occasional assistance from...
JAMIE CARR
DAVE EDWARDS

I've gotten an TON of people who've requested their registration, but I've only received a fraction of them so far. Get your check and registration to me a sap, or risk getting it returned to you because we've ran out of room.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06