Relaxation Techniques

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
? She is a perfectionist and has a perfectionist personality. I believe she puts pressure on herself at bat and thus that is why I have asked for specific relaxation techniques/routines that people see other players utilize or they teach their players. Like the wrist video you previously posted. I would like some different actions that people use. I have heard of people squeezing their bat as hard as they can immediately prior to stepping into the box then loosen up as they set up at the plate.

I think others would benefit by these ideas as well. I believe that Cindy Bristow's blog about players trying too hard fits my daughter well. Looking for some fresh ideas.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Hmm ... if you told me your daughter's "game-swing" was different than her "practice swing", then this would make sense to me. In fact, you have left clues that suggest to me that is the issue ... but you would know better I suppose.

Oct 19, 2009
These are from my notes at an Alabama Softball Camp my daughter attended.

Alabama coaching staff uses this phrase quite a bit to stay lossey Gossey in the batter box, they have their hitters after taking up their position in the batters box with the bat resting on the shoulder in the area between the shoulder blade and the neck or as they advise the body is designed to rest the bat there. They do not want their hitters getting into rhythm and movement too long before the swing, a good deep breath to relax. The hands raises off the shoulder about 2 inches or between the shoulder and middle of the ear hole on the helmet as the pitcher gets ready. As the pitcher starts her movement the hitters body goes into a rhythm and movement wiggle your rear end the hands make a small clockwise movement, the movement is not extreme, but smooth and relaxing. A body in motion is quick to respond where a body at rest is slow to respond.

Keep the hitting routine the same every time, you have to practice being relaxed before you can be relaxed. Alabama has a hitting station where they practice getting into the box and being relaxed and going into rhythm and movement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach