Reccomend a non velcro clasp Catchers glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2010
DD has been using an Akedema, and likes it, but the velcro is failing.
Had a Nokona previously.. It just didn't fit her right, too heavy, too loose.

If it helps, she is 12 y/o 5' 7 about 130.
Would love to get something that will last.

Thanks.

Apr 12, 2010
Thanks Amy, I really don't want to spend $$ for repairs.. It's not a high end Akedema, It's the entry model (AEA-65) I imagine with shipping back and forth, plus the cost of repairs, I would be at, or near what I paid for it ($70 or so) and I really am not a fan of velcro anyway.
I have thought about getting the pro model version of her current glove, but no one has it local, and I hate to order it without her trying it on.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
I picked up a Mizuno GSX82 a few months ago. No velcro, leather strap to tighten the wrist opening. I really like it. It just keeps getting better and better the more it gets worn in.

Mar 15, 2010
Thanks for all your suggestions.. I ended up finding a used SSK MPF22 that was in awesome shape.

Awesome glove. Bought one for DD a couple years back when she caught and ended up using it myself now that she pitches. Got mine at PIAS used and it looked as good as new.

Apr 12, 2010
Awesome glove. Bought one for DD a couple years back when she caught and ended up using it myself now that she pitches. Got mine at PIAS used and it looked as good as new.

I have heard so many good things about this glove, from so many people.
It makes you wonder why the heck they quit making it.

Apr 12, 2010
I'm completely jazzed right now, I bought the SSk from Craigslist clear across the country, the ad said "used".
This thing is brand spanking new, not sure it ever saw a ball in the pocket!!
A rare moment of luck for me haha.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck