Rear toe skipping forward before contact

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2019
My DD is having an issue skipping her rear foot forward before contact. Has anyone seen this?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
It’s simple, you have to much momentum and pushing off the back leg/foot.

200w.gif

I hear people talk about Pujols foot skipping forward. I have many games swings of Pujols and his back foot never skips forward. I see it as a flaw and not desirable. This is a derby swing hitting off BP. He is also pushing the hands/bat and extending. Pushing the hands can contribute to the back foot skipping.There are many amateurs who can swing 100 mph, doesn’t mean they can hit good pitching.

IMB_Uaamd1.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The Pujol clip is like a pitcher both Baseball and fastpitch.

Nothing gets me more than someone who asks a question and then never responds. Strike one 🥎

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
There can be skipping and/or scissors. Shawn can provide video of both. Hank Aaron skipped. I wouldn't teach skipping priorer to contact but it can happen due to timing, balance or as Shawn said too much momentum. If it is happening on every swing or during front toss or tee work then it's a problem. Anchor the back foot. The feeling the back foot is stuck to the ground and has to be pulled off the ground not pushed off.

Sep 17, 2019
FWIW her swing looks more like Pujols in blue. Her hitting coach believes her not keeping her rear toe grounded through contact is costing her power. He’s tried bands attached to weights to try to get her to get the feel for it but nothing sticks. She’s a pitcher so maybe that has something to do with it? Thanks to all that responded.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414