Rawlings glove question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Discussed with DD yesterday after practice about TIP and she sounded open to the idea.
Stronger grip, bigger pocket, finger out of the stinger zone, what’s not to like?

Like I said earlier, if my DD ever played outfield it would have 100% been TIP with her index finger inside the glove!

Aug 18, 2018
Stronger grip, bigger pocket, finger out of the stinger zone, what’s not to like?

Like I said earlier, if my DD ever played outfield it would have 100% been TIP with her index finger inside the glove!
Oh I know you're right. It's like I need to plant the idea so she thinks it's her idea

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I never used TIP in my playing days. I only discovered it a few years back, and I regret not learning about it sooner. I can't imagine doing it any other way now

Jan 16, 2020
I never used TIP in my playing days. I only discovered it a few years back, and I regret not learning about it sooner. I can't imagine doing it any other way now
Never back in my baseball days did I see anybody doing it. Granted that was 30+ years ago. @ANNASDAD suggested it to me for DD a few years ago, she tried it, loved it, and would not even consider going back traditional, even on the infield practice days. Every time she gets a chance, she'll tell younger girls to try it.
I've tried it, but guess too set in my ways. I always go back, with index finger out. Old man style

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Never back in my baseball days did I see anybody doing it. Granted that was 30+ years ago. @ANNASDAD suggested it to me for DD a few years ago, she tried it, loved it, and would not even consider going back traditional, even on the infield practice days. Every time she gets a chance, she'll tell younger girls to try it.
I've tried it, but guess too set in my ways. I always go back, with index finger out. Old man style
I have two gloves that are broken in and used TIP, all of the rest are broken in traditional. Every time I use the two that are TIP (my 12TC and my RV23) I ask myself why I don’t wear every glove this way?

Just like you, set in my old man ways! If I didn’t love my NP’s so much (old school single hinge heel) I’d probably wear everything TIP!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I have two gloves that are broken in and used TIP, all of the rest are broken in traditional. Every time I use the two that are TIP (my 12TC and my RV23) I ask myself why I don’t wear every glove this way?

Just like you, set in my old man ways! If I didn’t love my NP’s so much (old school single hinge heel) I’d probably wear everything TIP!
I found it really makes a difference for catchers and first baseman.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

OMG, you actually have a glove thats broken in? :)

I dont know if I ever saw them ;)

Aug 18, 2018
Update
DD tried on a few gloves overall...
Wilson OT6 too big
Rawlings 3039 12.75 too big (this was really 12.75 inches)
Also tried a Wilson 1799 and that's also true to 12.75 inch size

Now it's time to look at 12.5 inch gloves and see how they size up to her old glove.
Will look at a Rawlings 3028 (size only as I don't see any 5048 patterns to try on
Also will try a Wilson T125, I know Wilson FP gloves are not the same quality as the BB gloves, but there's slim pickings for 12.5 inches

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish