Rainy Day in SoCal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Man, a little bit of rain and people act like its the end of the world here in SoCal. Lol.

Hey Eric, I hope everything is good at home. Just saw the news and your area is getting the worst of this storm. I've been watching flooded homes and mudslides all morning on tge news around Azuza and Glenda, I know your right smack in the middle of that.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Azusa and Glendora are a bit to the East of us (we're West of the 605), so we're clear of the mudslide issues. However, my DD's school is without power this morning, and classes are cancelled for the day.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Ah, there are good and bad things about living anywhere. We have really cold weather in Wisconsin, but we don't have the nasty coastal storms. Several of my relatives in NY were hit hard by Sandy a few years back. My wife's sister lives a couple of blocks from the beach in Coney Island, and their house was flooded. My brother lives on an island off of Long Island, but on a small hill on the island. The water got up to the 16' mark, and his house was 18' above sea level. Wind damage, and some water damage from rain coming in through broken windows, though.

Mar 26, 2013
The mudslide up in Camarillo Springs is incredible. The amount of large rocks in it makes me think they tried employing riprap on the slope. It went through houses and blew out the front.

mud-camarillo.jpg

mudslide.jpg

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Weird weather for sure. Here in Idaho we have been enjoying a week of 50+ degree weather - tomorrow it is supposed to snow with 1-3 inch accumulation...

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Of course it's raining in SoCal. I'm heading out there for a tournament with DD#1 in a few weeks.

Last time we were in Huntington Beach, it rained for several hours straight and washed out one of our games. People there were astounded. "It NEVER rains here!" Yup, except when we're there for softball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole