Queen of the Hill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2019
Im sure it’s been asked but I couldn’t find it. I want to buy a Queen of the Hill. Can those of you that have one give me some feedback as to it helping with increased pitching speed. $300+ is a lot of money to spend.

Apr 28, 2014
Yes it will help with speed IF... your DD has drive mechanics issues. Not every girl does. We have one (bought it when it first came out and got $25 off for DFP members). Does it work? Yes. Will your DD go from 55 to 60 in a month? No.

Apr 28, 2014
How much of a mph gain could one expect?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Think it depends on how much leg drive your DD is lacking... some kids have great push and may not get much if any. Others may be weak and it will help.
It's a tool not a quick fix

Feb 15, 2017
Yes it will help with speed IF... your DD has drive mechanics issues. Not every girl does. We have one (bought it when it first came out and got $25 off for DFP members). Does it work? Yes. Will your DD go from 55 to 60 in a month? No.

Agreed. Ive seen a few at +5mph, but if they already have an understanding of drive like DD it isn’t as much and/or doesn’t come as fast. What it did do for DD was make her much more consistent if that makes sense. She has trained herself now to push full tilt on EVERY pitch. IMO when she was throwing offspeed pitches she let off the leg drive just a shade. Now those pitches are much more consistent. 12u 2nd year, been using for about 10 weeks 2x a week 75-90 pitches.

May 16, 2019
Before I buy a Queen of the Hill. Does anyone have one they would like to sell. Call or text me 626 536 3568. Thanks

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Heard an internet coach say gaining speed and movement is a matter of "Hurry up and wait". Hurry up and wait for them to get older and stronger, especially core strength (maybe as early as 15-16. IMHO, believe working on location and the mental aspect of pitching when they are younger will really be enjoyed when they gain that strength.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish