Quality Time with the DD, being a bucket dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
I would be lying if I said I didn't feel that way many many times. Never said it though.
I spent a month building a beautiful fence along my property line. I finished it with a hand crafted lattice at the top of the fence. DD would set up facing the fence and I would have my back against it. Over the course of 2 years of learning to pitch she destroyed the entire section of lattice on the left side of the fence with her "wild" pitches. Today we look at it and laugh about those days. I refuse to replace it as it's a great memory we share.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Some time ago, I watched a 10U coach/dad show up early to his team practice to get some pitching in with his DD and another kid. He told her she was wasting his time by sucking, being worthless, not running hard enough during punishment laps, etc. I made my opinion clear to his league that I did not believe he was fit to work with kids. Already posted this in the general forum, but just in case someone missed it: http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-discussions/25945-last-game.html

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2013
Some time ago, I watched a 10U coach/dad show up early to his team practice to get some pitching in with his DD and another kid. He told her she was wasting his time by sucking, being worthless, not running hard enough during punishment laps, etc. I made my opinion clear to his league that I did not believe he was fit to work with kids. Already posted this in the general forum, but just in case someone missed it: http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-discussions/25945-last-game.html

This is certainly not the quality time that we are talking about sharing with our DDs.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Such a shame to see that video. I made many memories with DD. Not gonna lie...there were tears of frustration, pain, angst, disappointment along with cussing...especially before I got smart and started wearing shin guards. ;) And our neighbors stopped talking to us after we destroyed the fence from wild pitches. Even Dh's attempts to patch the fence up didn't do any good. LOL. She is a junior this year, and clock is ticking...my heart clinches with every tick. :(

Mar 28, 2013
So that is the second ruined fence story, where ever you are both from your standard yard fences must be gigantic compared to ours out here. one of my dds wild atomic rise balls in her early years would have cleared the Berlin wall and most likely require FAA clearance :eek:
And just in case there is any question, that is not me in the video, although both my DDs will tend to disagree.lol

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Reminds me, I need to stop by the lumber yard ASAP to buy some replacement boards for the neighbor's fence...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877