Qualifier Win (Fall) - Fighting big time knee injury....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2017
My DDs team won a Nationals Qualifier this past weekend , their first on the year. So neat to get one knocked down so early on the full travel season.

My DD earlier in the day banged her knee a couple of times. First, on a steal attempt, her C threw a pea shot down to her cover, and she tagged the girl out. However, the girl slid and banged her knee pretty hard. My DD played through it, said she felt a little pain, but would keep with it.

Then a later game, an opposing hitter hit a ball through the middle of the infield. My DD, who has strong range attempted to get it and dove for the ball. Again, she banged her knee hard on turf and it began to hurt more so. She still completed the game.

In the Championship game, she was moved off the field and listed for her bat only. She came up late in the Championship Game, her team being shut down and down two. A teammate earlier was on base and in scoring position. She delivered a sharp single into LeftCenter, getting her team's first run on the board. Then, with her bad knee and all (swelling) she stole 2nd. Next pitch she stole 3rd and the ball got loose. She came down and scored the tying run. The game then went International Rules, and her team won the game late.

I couldnt have been more proud of her. She was not feeling her best at all, and quite frankly her Coaches really didnt know the extent of her knee. He knee yet is pretty swollen, and has come down a bit. She has another sport in HS and her trainer was not too worried other than getting the swelling down and getting to work back on her flexibility. This morning her knee has plenty of bruising yet (ugly stuff) but swelling is down a tad.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321