push back?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
This is a very popular pitching style that I'm seeing in 10U in NJ / PA. Was Talking to a parent of from another team at a tourney in February who told me his DD couldn't wait to learn the "deep bow" pitching mechanics.

Personally, I don't think that deep a bow adds anything but additional fatigue.

Jul 10, 2011
This is a very popular pitching style that I'm seeing in 10U in NJ / PA. Was Talking to a parent of from another team at a tourney in February who told me his DD couldn't wait to learn the "deep bow" pitching mechanics.

We faced a 14U pitcher from Amwell, NJ last summer with this style. She threw the ball hard but I don't believe it had anything to do with the deep bow. This kid was a tank. She could have eliminated this move and she still would have been bringing the heat.

Mar 24, 2014
Personally, I don't think that deep a bow adds anything but additional fatigue.

Agree. The pitchers I've seen ove the past few years with a deep bow seem to lack endurance. Our pitching coach wants a smooth / quiet pitching motion and says a deep bow is an unnecessary motion as it doesn't add anything to increase speed. With my DD, this has not been an issue as she never wanted to use a deep bow as part of her pitching motion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1